Help needed ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed ASAP

Hi all help needed in the Ashfield area. I’m in need of a mechanic who can give me a price and finish a job, a complete arse hole didn’t finish. I paid upfront for an engine conversion from 2.4 to a 1.9td. After 3 months of patiently waiting, it’s still wasn’t complete as you can see. So I called him and asked when it would be completed for him to totally loose it, drag my van out onto the road from his unit and demand another £350. If anyone knows a decent VW mechanic that can finish the job, please forward them my number to arrange a time
    Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Sorry to hear this and I don’t know anyone in your local area. What’s left to do on it?

#vanlife

Comment

He’s tried to bodge the hoses from a 2.4 onto a 1.9td engine, a couple of belts and radiator and what ever else he’s not done, ( possibly some electrical stuff) then just reassemble I think as not mechanical minded

Comment

Sorry to hear that dude

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by daleydub View Post
          Sorry to hear that dude

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s
          Yeh me too, who takes 4 hours to strip an engine out, yet 3 months to fit one back in

Comment

Sounds like a bodge it and scarper merchant, hope you find someone to help you out.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Sounds like a bodge it and scarper merchant, hope you find someone to help you out.
              He was recommended by a friend as he has supposedly worked for sytner bmw, Halfords, Vauxhall and various other big brand car garages. So I had no reason to question. But everyone says he’s full of crap

Comment

I always raise my eyebrows if someone has worked at lots of places. Had 2 jobs in the motor trade apart from 20 years working for myself and never had an interview. Shame you weren't south midlands based i'd had a look myself mate.

Comment

Did you pay him cash?
                  Is he a registered business? He's in breach of contract, so why not fire a letter over to him giving him 28 days to complete the work as agreed or you'll be seeking compensation legally.

Right, take some pics to demonstrate what the state of play is. What's the history of the 1.9?

I may know a man who can?
                  Can you transport the van to Derby?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Did you pay him cash?
                    Is he a registered business? He's in breach of contract, so why not fire a letter over to him giving him 28 days to complete the work as agreed or you'll be seeking compensation legally.

Right, take some pics to demonstrate what the state of play is. What's the history of the 1.9?

No that’s the problem, I don’t know what’s wrong with it, as I had to pay £60 to have it recovered less than 500 yards. So not sure what is left to do. That’s why I needed someone to come and give me a quote where it is and hopefully who ever does the job may be able to move the van to the place where work to be completed

Comment

Did you pay him cash?

Yes I paid him upfront, yes stupid I know. And the engine I fetched from Essex with 124,000 miles on the clock.its got a guarantee with it so I’m happy with the engine, just not the fella who was putting it in

Comment

Originally posted by Dog71 View Post
                        Yes I paid him upfront, yes stupid I know. And the engine I fetched from Essex with 124,000 miles on the clock.its got a guarantee with it so I’m happy with the engine, just not the fella who was putting it in

Next job get your camera / phone out and let's take a look. More pics the better.

Comment

Next job get your camera / phone out and let's take a look. More pics the better.
                          Ok will take as many as I can

Comment

yep drop us loads of photos. Isnt the 2.4 a different gearbox? Reg, Rob? Did you get engine and box from Essex?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              yep drop us loads of photos. Isnt the 2.4 a different gearbox? Reg, Rob? Did you get engine and box from Essex?
                              Box you can use , need a trumpet bracket , engine mounts , I’ve a list somewhere , will try an find it

Comment

Working...
                              X