No announcement yet.

None Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its going back on asap. Just couldn't get me head round the retard. On the pump not me!

Comment

Will do my normal boring photo shoot while its going on.Its my daily so will have to wait till Saturday.
      Last edited by S49; 11 August 2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Easy , tell them either the Golf pumps fubar, or the heads gone any warranty ([emoji6]) so your bringing it back so need the Pug unit to make one good one to try plus the head as backup.... how deep are those pockets in your overalls?
        Nah, i'll just put the pump up save.After Damien's wishbone scare i'll be targeting the ones on the grey one.

Comment

Time to bring this thread up to date. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2687.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	268344 Golf 3 none turbo "reserve" pump. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2689.jpg
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	268345 And heres the comparison with the pump rebuilt by Mr Cheeseman. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2690.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	268346 With a nice new belt kit to go with it. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2693.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	268347Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2694.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	268348Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2695.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	268349 Followed Reg's set up guide Its set up on the timing marks but with no preload . May have to increase the idle speed, turned up the fuel to get it going, haven't turned back down and idle is just fast enough. On road test I didn't thrash it but it pulls well and seems to want to rev.Will have to measure boost, turn that and the fuel up a bit more.. Intercooler in the bumper could be the next step. I'll have to get one of those 17 second stop watch stickers next.

Comment

Top job mate u make this whole removing pump and replacing belts look easy
            Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Time to bring this thread up to date. [ATTACH=CONFIG]13763[/ATTACH] Golf 3 none turbo "reserve" pump. [ATTACH=CONFIG]13764[/ATTACH] And heres the comparison with the pump rebuilt by Mr Cheeseman. [ATTACH=CONFIG]13765[/ATTACH] With a nice new belt kit to go with it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]13766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13767[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13768[/ATTACH] Followed Reg's set up guide Its set up on the timing marks but with no preload . May have to increase the idle speed, turned up the fuel to get it going, haven't turned back down and idle is just fast enough. On road test I didn't thrash it but it pulls well and seems to want to rev.Will have to measure boost, turn that and the fuel up a bit more.. Intercooler in the bumper could be the next step. I'll have to get one of those 17 second stop watch stickers next.
            Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Legend and thoroughly nice Bloke, that covers both of You Si Ledg, Reg Ledg 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Started at 12.30 after ferrying stuff from the local garden centre, its been bought out and had a 75 percent off sale. I may have to annex next door to fit in all the sheds she's got. Got back from the road test at 7 so about 7 hours, didn't rush but great to get the proper pump back on.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Followed Reg's set up guide Its set up on the timing marks but with no preload . May have to increase the idle speed, turned up the fuel to get it going, haven't turned back down and idle is just fast enough. On road test I didn't thrash it but it pulls well and seems to want to rev.Will have to measure boost, turn that and the fuel up a bit more.. Intercooler in the bumper could be the next step. I'll have to get one of those 17 second stop watch stickers next.
                  I always wind the idle right back as people often wind the fuel up.

Follow the guide, set the fuel for a bit of smoke when blipped hard, then get the idle set on the rod, then bring the min thottle stop up just to where it starts to affect the idle and then back it off a turn.

Then reset the clip on the throttle cable to take out excessive slack if required.

Check the boost.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the update.

When are you gonna paint the scuttle and get it out of primer?

Comment

Seems i'm creating as many problems as I solve at the moment. When I went little further on test in it today it ground to a halt.Turned over but wouldn't go, noticed no glow plug light . All looked ok under the bonnet. Got the test lamp out and no power to the stop valve ran a wire to the battery to get us home.Noticed we had no speedo and the fuel gauge was up and down like a strumpets draws. Anyway found fuse 15 flown. Replaced that and we have power to the pump, speedo and fuel gauge as normal. Drove it to the workshop to get my Autodata electrical component location book as I haven't a fuseboard listing but the fecker don't cover vans. Blast. Still have no glow plug light but everything else seems fine. When doing the water housing on the head I thought the wiring where it comes out of the plastic conduit looked a bit oily so when it stops raining will pull the rad forward and see what I can find.. Not having a drivers hand book does anyone have a fuse box listing?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Seems i'm creating as many problems as I solve at the moment. When I went little further on test in it today it ground to a halt.Turned over but wouldn't go, noticed no glow plug light . All looked ok under the bonnet. Got the test lamp out and no power to the stop valve ran a wire to the battery to get us home.Noticed we had no speedo and the fuel gauge was up and down like a strumpets draws. Anyway found fuse 15 flown. Replaced that and we have power to the pump, speedo and fuel gauge as normal. Drove it to the workshop to get my Autodata electrical component location book as I haven't a fuseboard listing but the fecker don't cover vans. Blast. Still have no glow plug light but everything else seems fine. When doing the water housing on the head I thought the wiring where it comes out of the plastic conduit looked a bit oily so when it stops raining will pull the rad forward and see what I can find.. Not having a drivers hand book does anyone have a fuse box listing?
                      Yes, but all in German. What u looking for?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• J52 labelled as 60/102/103/104
                        Position 12

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Fuse boxes are a little random as there doesn't seem to be a conclusive diagram that I can find.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• So, I think the lack of glow plug light was a redherring . Have noticed before that it don't come on when warm, is it ours or have other ABLers noticed this? Anyway I've found a lot of the wires under the bonnet succumbing to 20 odd years of exposure to oil and the elements and a lot of the insulation is perished. Disconnected and got the loom up on the slam panel, conduit removed I went through it and soldered in new wire where the insulation was knackered. Just need a trip to the breakers to get a 4 pin and 2 pin plug with good wire on to replace the plugs on the stat housing. Hope to harvest the mark 3 the reserve pump came from.Might not hurt to get as many plugs as I can while i'm at it. Thanks Hans for the call this morning, helped a lot mate. See you soon.

Comment

• Yea my coil light occasionally doesn't come on. Not always from warm, sometimes from dead cold no light and not even 1 revolution of the engine to start!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• When its been left a few hour the glow light don't come on and quick off and on of the ignition and there it is. That's why I wondered if it was temp controlled.

Comment

Working...
                                X