Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jumbungla's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Nice that, Morgs. Looks like a good conversion to start with, just add your own personality to.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Morgs's Avatar Maybe you actually know something (Bronze)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
    That build looks the bollocks bud!!! Looked at the first page and then that last and a few in between. Love it!! Alreadybthink im going to copy your flooring haha. Will have a good read of the whole thread when I have time!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Morgs For This Useful Post:

Fruitbat (25th July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbungla View Post
    Nice that, Morgs. Looks like a good conversion to start with, just add your own personality to.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s
    Thanks bud, it is a good start for me I think, will change little things slowly.

Fruitbat's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    That build looks the bollocks bud!!! Looked at the first page and then that last and a few in between. Love it!! Alreadybthink im going to copy your flooring haha. Will have a good read of the whole thread when I have time!!
    Thanks Morgs

Thanks
    Ah man this interior building is a right head fuck.
    I decided to trace the wiring in the van that I think stevie wonder did which ended up in taking the headlining down. It was all drooping anyway so I wanted to change it.
    Taped it al back up yesterday, came back home from work today and the interior heat just melted al the tape and it all fell again.

My initial plan was to replace the headlining with a 3-5mm ply using the existing holes and screw clip things, however, I measured what I’d need 2.6m x 1.4m. B&Q only do 2.4m x 1.2m, typical.
    New plan is to buy the 1.2m width and instead of using the exisisting holes I’d have to tiger seal batton to the roof and then screw the ply to that. Bit hesitant on doing that as I’m gonna lose an inch of head room though, and every inch counts

Then the electrics!!! What a mind fuck! I’m going to rip all the existing 240v hook up out as I don’t need a shower and the plug sockets are not where I’d want them anyway. I’m on the case of sorting a leisure battery out, bit research needed as to what will fit under driver seat, jo where really I can put it in the back with the sliding seat and two sliding doors. Engine bay also looks really tight on room and have no idea how people have managed to squeeze another one in there.

The front end electrics are a mess too, Stevie also had a go of wiring the CD player in, it all needs to come out and done again but it scares me, the 12v socket don’t work but it’s seems to be splice into existing loom so don’t know what’s going on there, checked the end fuse and that’s all good.

Had a stressful day in there yesterday. Still love it though Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6848.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	13186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6851.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	13187Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6854.jpg 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	13188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6862.jpg 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	13189

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Morgs For This Useful Post:

arfur fox-acre (29th July 2019)

Fruitbat's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,160 Times in 840 Posts

Hhhhhhmmmmm yeah wiring , that was one of my main concerns when buying my van was that if I bought one with a conversion already done who had done the work and too what standard ?

I looked at fitting a leisure battery under my drivers seat , but I’d have either had to get a slim line leisure battery or raise the drivers seat to accommodate a regular size leisure battery plus it needs venting .

You can fit an extra battery tray under the bonnet of the 2.5tdi like I did , it works well , check out my build thread .

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fruitbat For This Useful Post:

AndyLeach (29th July 2019),arfur fox-acre (29th July 2019),Morgs (29th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanks fruit bat, I have looked through your thread, I’ll have to have another closer look at the battery. I don’t mind getting a slimline if it’s not too expensive otherwise, I’ll have to do some searching first

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Morgs For This Useful Post:

Fruitbat (29th July 2019)

Thanks
    Stripped the inside to see what was going on with wiring and insulation. Became quite a chase and Iím still a little unsure whatís going on in there. Iím hoping to carpet some of the interior metal and boards over the next couple of weeks and maybe install a leisure battery and all that goes with that, slowly but surely finding out what I need.

Also had a try of this awning today and ended up buying it

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Morgs For This Useful Post:

Activ8 (4th August 2019),arfur fox-acre (5th August 2019),damont4 (3rd September 2019),Fruitbat (4th August 2019)

Thanks
    Got the little man involved and got some new altro flooring down today and tested fitted a battery for under the drivers seat, seems to fit ok, getting some brackets made up now to hold it in place.

Hopefully run some wiring between batteries tomorrow and make a little box to hold fuse board etc behind drivers seat weather permitting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7371.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	13613

Name:	IMG_7372.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	13614

Name:	IMG_7373.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	13615

Name:	IMG_7374.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	13616

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morgs For This Useful Post:

arfur fox-acre (3rd September 2019),damont4 (3rd September 2019),Fruitbat (3rd September 2019)

Thanks
    Got some new altro flooring down, pre wires split charge relay and boxed it ready. Not connected to main batt yet though. Done some carpeting, and put some new headlining up earlier. Vans still in bits with nothing fully complete. Getting there bit by bit though.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Morgs For This Useful Post:

damont4 (18th September 2019),Fruitbat (18th September 2019)