Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Big al's Avatar You obviously just chat rubbish (Silver)
    Thanks
    Looking good morgs, I like the Galaxy roof lining, looks cool, did you make the rear cover for the leisure battery? Always good to get the little ones involved, my boy helped me do all the insulation plus other bits and bobs, he's mad for doing jobs on the van, especially undoing or screwing up things

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Big al For This Useful Post:

Morgs (18th September 2019)

Morgs's Avatar Maybe you actually know something (Bronze)
    Thanks

Thanks mate. The roof lining is just a vinyl wrap on pre cut boards off eBay.
    The box was made yes, my brother made that for me and I just carpeted it.

My little un has already planned a day of working on the van this Saturday so Iím
    Hoping to get most of it done then. And then to connect the batteries up and see what works and doesnít

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Morgs For This Useful Post:

MOPJOP T4 (18th September 2019)

888_special's Avatar You need to get out more (Gold)
    Thanks
    Where are your seat covers from mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
    I own a lwb and have never jelled with it , I prefer the side profile of a swb.

Check out the shed

https://just-t4s.co.uk/showthread.php?19834-Shed-Seven
    Sent from my E6633 using Just T4s

Fruitbat's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 917 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 888_special View Post
    Where are your seat covers from mate?

Sent from my E6633 using Just T4s

http://www.autoleathers.co.uk/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fruitbat For This Useful Post:

888_special (23rd September 2019)

damien devil's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    Got some new altro flooring down, pre wires split charge relay and boxed it ready. Not connected to main batt yet though. Done some carpeting, and put some new headlining up earlier. Vans still in bits with nothing fully complete. Getting there bit by bit though.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Great work , just so you know, and for other members too, leisure batteries do need to be vented, because when their been charged they can let off gasses, which can be harmful, and also explosive if allowed to build up in a area where gases can't escape, on the battery their are little holes on each side at the top of the battery, you can get a special pipe that fits into the holes to then be able to vent the gases out through the floor, I bunged up one side of the battery gas outlet and used one pipe on the other to vent the gases through my floor,

Come rain or shine I'm out in mine!!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Just T4s

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damien devil For This Useful Post:

fifet4 (19th September 2019),Hans (19th September 2019)

Hans's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    I have a look

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damien devil View Post
    Great work , just so you know, and for other members too, leisure batteries do need to be vented, because when their been charged they can let off gasses, which can be harmful, and also explosive if allowed to build up in a area where gases can't escape, on the battery their are little holes on each side at the top of the battery, you can get a special pipe that fits into the holes to then be able to vent the gases out through the floor, I bunged up one side of the battery gas outlet and used one pipe on the other to vent the gases through my floor,

Thanks for the info. I have wondered about venting the battery and if it’s really needed. I havnt seen the holes you mention on my battery. I thought I could make a hole in the floor and pipe out of there but it would do absolutely nothing as soon as I open the drivers or rear sliding door that would be far more ventilation. The battery is not in a sealed box or anything, it’s just held in place under the seat by a bracket.

damien devil's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Hi morgs I'm not an expert on this issue , it's just what ,I got told of a guy I know who services caravans and campervans, your best off asking Google, theirs all sorts on their about venting batteries, and theirs all sorts of different batteries, ( and opinions on venting) my leisure batteries are brand new , so maybe they only just started doing the hole vent thing, maybe worth doing some homework on it, sure someone on here will know the answer ,

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have wondered about venting the battery and if itís really needed. I havnt seen the holes you mention on my battery. I thought I could make a hole in the floor and pipe out of there but it would do absolutely nothing as soon as I open the drivers or rear sliding door that would be far more ventilation. The battery is not in a sealed box or anything, itís just held in place under the seat by a bracket.

Fruitbat's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,271 Times in 917 Posts

The battery needs to be vented if it’s being kept in the van , post a pic up of your battery .

Thanks
    Thanks both. This is my battery

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camper-Va...=2002718286008

I canít see what drilling a hole with a pipe from under my seat would do differently to just driving with a window down or opening the door once a day. Obviously I want to do it right and donít want to sound like Iím not listening to advice, it just seems a rather pointless thing to do as, as Iíve said so much more gasses would escape by opening a door.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s