No announcement yet.

Bubblegum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s better to be safe than sorry Morgs , are you going to sleep in the van with the window open ,? when you park up the van and leave it for the day are you going to leave your window open a bit ? Incase the battery vents off some gasses ?

According to the eBay listing it states the battery is sealed and won’t emit gasses ,but I would still vent it if it was me .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
      It’s better to be safe than sorry Morgs , are you going to sleep in the van with the window open ,? when you park up the van and leave it for the day are you going to leave your window open a bit ? Incase the battery vents off some gasses ?

According to the eBay listing it states the battery is sealed and won’t emit gasses ,but I would still vent it if it was me .
      Yes, sleeping in the van would be the biggest issue, I’m not too worried about leaving it in the van unattended as surely all gassed would escape when I open the door when I return to the van.

If the battery is sealed and I havnt got those vent holes and it’s also not in a sealed container in the van do you think just running a piece of jose from near the battery and out to vent would suffice. I’m not really sure how to attack this and what would be a waste of time and what would genuinely help vent the battery.

Thanks for your input fruitbat mate

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
        Yes, sleeping in the van would be the biggest issue, I’m not too worried about leaving it in the van unattended as surely all gassed would escape when I open the door when I return to the van.

If the battery is sealed and I havnt got those vent holes and it’s also not in a sealed container in the van do you think just running a piece of jose from near the battery and out to vent would suffice. I’m not really sure how to attack this and what would be a waste of time and what would genuinely help vent the battery.

Thanks for your input fruitbat mate
        The picture you have put on eBay doesn't look like the battery in your pic on your van, have you got a New leisure battery now, as the one shown in your van looks like it's not a sealed battery but one with the removable caps on the top, ? Also I wouldn't worry too much because yours will only be charging whilst driving on the split charge, unless you have electric Huck up charger , or solar, the battery won't be emitting any charge gas at night as it won't be charging, the battery only gasses when possible overcharge occurs, which is very unlikely as you've got relays on your split charge system , it's all just to be on the safe side that's all, if you can make something more safe why not, Ive put a pic on to explain the gases off a battery hope it helps,

Come rain or shine I'm out in mine!!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Just T4s

Comment

Thank you very much mate for taking the time to reply, explain and point that out. The eBay pic and link is from what I ordered just a month ago. I will definitely check the battery in the van tomorrow to make sure it’s the same, I didn’t look when it arrived to be honest I just put it in

I havnt got it linked to a hook up or solar at the moment but it is something I’d look to do in the future, and as you and fruitbat say, if you can make it safer, why not!

Comment

This is a pic of the top of battery

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Morgs View Post
              This is a pic of the top of battery

It does say on the eBay one that the picture is for illustration purposes only, so I guess you should have what you ordered, and it does say the battery doesnt gas , and at that price I think it should do what it says mate,

Comment

Had first night out in the van on weekend, took the little un to the WRC in mid/north wales.
                Great weekend, van did us proud!!! Couple of things I’ve realised I’d like to do/ need after staying out in it all weekend but nothing urgent

Comment

And two day time pics, I fitted some curtains I picked up in the veedub site sale last week, great timing as I didn’t realise how much curtains were needed untill the dark nights came.

Comment

It was worth the wait that van,- coming along nicely - any further plans over the Autumn & Winter?

Comment

Nice one always nice to get out , van looks cool too good job done

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        It was worth the wait that van,- coming along nicely - any further plans over the Autumn & Winter?
                        Thanks
                        I’ve done most of what I wanted in time for this weekend away but would still like to add some shelving on the one side, maybe get a bracket to mount the tv off the b pillar somehow.

My amp for sub is also getting far too hot, it’s not cutting out but it’s getting hot! I’ve Earthed it on the inside rear quarter panel which i thought would be good enough but maybe it’s not, I don’t know what else it could be, I’ve turned the gain right down. I’m hesitant to take all the boarding down to get to the earth again but may do it one day.

Think there’s also a dodgy droplink or something in front left as I hear a knock when going over jumps that I need to sort, Not having a garage to work in hinders working on it in the winter.

Comment

Made sure its not a worn ball joint. You don't want it popping out on a corner.

Comment

Thanks mate, I’ll look at it sooner rather than later!

Comment

A few winter phone pics.

All well with the van, driving lovely. A few niggles like central locking going up and down on its own, still got the flashing coolant light and a few rattles. It’s not being used much at the mo so I’ll start looking into stuff when the weather warms up a bit.

Comment

My guess is the locking will be due to the drivers door interior light switch not working properly.
                                Or
                                Damaged wires in the door bellows

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X