Electrolux RM212 fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Odd, that says there's no thermostat for 12v operation - it just runs constantly???

If so - polarity doesn't matter for the 12v connection
    Only to be used on 12v when its towed? Didn't see a hitch on the fridge either?

Damn just finished the complaint too...

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Odd, that says there's no thermostat for 12v operation - it just runs constantly???

If so - polarity doesn't matter for the 12v connection
      Yeah the 12v side will only warm the ammonia to maintain an already cooled fridge. Most these fridges are designed to run predominately on gas or 240v. To be honest I thought the wiring diagram was close enough, you can trace the earths and the wiring to the components well enough. I’d wire it up and fire it up and see what I have [emoji106]...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisT4 View Post
        Yeah the 12v side will only warm the ammonia to maintain an already cooled fridge. Most these fridges are designed to run predominately on gas or 240v. To be honest I thought the wiring diagram was close enough, you can trace the earths and the wiring to the components well enough. I’d wire it up and fire it up and see what I have [emoji106]...

Mines been running for 6 weeks or so and it's very good on 240vac. Needs a bit of space around it as it gets quite hot so take a note of the installation guide. If you were building it in I suppose you could direct the heat around the van as a heater system perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Mines been running for 6 weeks or so and it's very good on 240vac. Needs a bit of space around it as it gets quite hot so take a note of the installation guide. If you were building it in I suppose you could direct the heat around the van as a heater system perhaps?
          I was going to put it in a little kitchen pod with my smev double burner / sink [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by 99Caravelle View Post
            I was going to put it in a little kitchen pod with my smev double burner / sink [emoji848]

So coach built ones are vented out side as standard (the two horizontal parallel vents can be seen on most vans and caravans with these fitted). Also the gas flue must be vented outside (for obvious reasons). I like the idea of putting it under s SMEV sink/cooker..

Comment

So coach built ones are vented out side as standard (the two horizontal parallel vents can be seen on most vans and caravans with these fitted). Also the gas flue must be vented outside (for obvious reasons). I like the idea of putting it under s SMEV sink/cooker..

If I’m just using 12v / 240 will it still need to be vented? The pod will sit behind the driver / passenger seat. I don’t really want to be cutting holes in the side of the van [emoji17]

Comment

If I’m just using 12v / 240 will it still need to be vented? The pod will sit behind the driver / passenger seat. I don’t really want to be cutting holes in the side of the van [emoji17]

Not really mate but the fridge does need an air flow around it ..

Comment

Exactly. Have a quick read of the instructions for the spacings required. On gas it should have a flue? Also get it plugged in at home and get it working and you'll experience it in operation. As mentioned previously, on 12v it doesn't have a thermostat so (per the instructions) it could actually freeze/damage foods on 12v for extended periods on 12v.

Comment

The plan was to drill some 25mm holes in the back of the pod as it’s behind the front cab seats, do you think that would be sufficient enough?
                    Cheers mate

Comment

I did built my in and didn't cut a hole big enough (60mm) so at the moment the drawer stayes open when parked up. To be modified later.
                      My fridge came with a cigarette plug so i rewired the centre to plus. But i dont think it matter? Heater elements are like light bulbs, work both ways (not led's )

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

The plan was to drill some 25mm holes in the back of the pod as it’s behind the front cab seats, do you think that would be sufficient enough?
                        Cheers mate

So I think that these (evaporative) fridges work relative to the surrounding temperature so the better the air flow the colder it will get mate..

I know my fridges performance varies with air flow ..

I would look at the recommended clearances, and go from there.

Hope this helps..

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                          I did built my in and didn't cut a hole big enough (60mm) so at the moment the drawer stayes open when parked up. To be modified later.
                          My fridge came with a cigarette plug so i rewired the centre to plus. But i dont think it matter? Heater elements are like light bulbs, work both ways (not led's )

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                          Yeah, spot on mate, so you should still fuze protect that circuit though.

Comment

Working...
                          X