Electrolux RM212 fridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrolux RM212 fridge

Hi guys, I purchased this fridge off EBay but I have no clue on how to wire it up 🤦🏻*♂️ any suggestions? Anyone have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Wiring looks very old , I don’t know how to wire it in but you need to replace all those wires before you start .

Comment

I would say 240v power would go in the three connectors,looks like they have been cut off and I assume the other two connectors will be battery12v power, hard to say tho, any more pics?

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by chally69 View Post
        I would say 240v power would go in the three connectors,looks like they have been cut off and I assume the other two connectors will be battery12v power, hard to say tho, any more pics?

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
          Wiring looks very old , I don’t know how to wire it in but you need to replace all those wires before you start .
          Yes it’s an old fridge

Comment

Originally posted by 99Caravelle View Post
            Hi guys, I purchased this fridge off EBay but I have no clue on how to wire it up [emoji1750]*[emoji3603] any suggestions? Anyone have one?

I've got one in the garage (albeit mine could be older) running on the mains. Think it came with the instructions. I'll take a look in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              I've got one in the garage (albeit mine could be older) running on the mains. Think it came with the instructions. I'll take a look in the morning.
              Have you now? If it was going spare at any point please let me know.

Comment

Hi there,

It appears fairly straight forward but go careful.

So if you look at the 3 cut off wires, these look likely to be 240AC (or mains if you like) ... brown is live (switched so that it rests a neutral potential), blue is neutral and green/yellow is earth (this must be connected to the earth on the hookup, to allow this to be the most direct route to earth). Earth the chassis of the fridge to the earth return. The 240v side should be fuse protected.

It appears as if the 12vDC (battery) is the chocolate block on the right. If I could see it close up I could wire it for you. Also fuse the live (load) side of this circuit. I would test resistance in this wiring and do some terminal cleaning.

Confirm all of this by finding the electrical elements and tracing back. The selector switch will be common in the circuit (gas, 240 and 12). Test the element/elements before wiring up with a simple multimeter. (Earth leakage/open circuit and resistance).

I’m not familiar with this fridge but you should mount an ammonia fridge level (or level pitched) for best performance. Where the elements are should get hot when you fire her up and if it’s level the fridge should fairly quickly cool down ..

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisT4 View Post
                  Hi there,

It appears fairly straight forward but go careful.

So if you look at the 3 cut off wires, these look likely to be 240AC (or mains if you like) ... brown is live (switched so that it rests a neutral potential), blue is neutral and green/yellow is earth (this must be connected to the earth on the hookup, to allow this to be the most direct route to earth). Earth the chassis of the fridge to the earth return. The 240v side should be fuse protected.

It appears as if the 12vDC (battery) is the chocolate block on the right. If I could see it close up I could wire it for you. Also fuse the live (load) side of this circuit. I would test resistance in this wiring and do some terminal cleaning.

Confirm all of this by finding the electrical elements and tracing back. The selector switch will be common in the circuit (gas, 240 and 12). Test the element/elements before wiring up with a simple multimeter. (Earth leakage/open circuit and resistance).

I’m not familiar with this fridge but you should mount an ammonia fridge level (or level pitched) for best performance. Where the elements are should get hot when you fire her up and if it’s level the fridge should fairly quickly cool down ..

I hope this helps.

That is a massive help [emoji106] Thank you! I will give it a go tomorrow after work see how I get on and keep you updated

Comment

Red to brown, Black to green and blue to bits.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fridge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	267743

Comment

Originally posted by 99Caravelle View Post
                      That is a massive help [emoji106] Thank you! I will give it a go tomorrow after work see how I get on and keep you updated

Just take your time and sus it out before you connect anything up... good luck..

Comment

Electrolux RM212 Instructions

Apologies if the above aren't clear but they've been stored in the ice box!
                        Last edited by Activ8; 17 July 2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Great - apart from one slight problem.....

The wiring diagram doesn't match what he actually has, and the 12 v supply has no polarity - I had to take an educated guess for my wiring suggestion and hoped yours would clear any doubt, but it doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            Great - apart from one slight problem.....

The wiring diagram doesn't match what he actually has, and the 12 v supply has no polarity - I had to take an educated guess for my wiring suggestion and hoped yours would clear any doubt, but it doesn't
                            I'll speak to Electrolux in the morning and report their err.
                            Theres a few manuals online for the RM212 and clearer than mine.
                            Same with this one Reg, you should write and complain Electrofucks RM212F

Comment

Odd, that says there's no thermostat for 12v operation - it just runs constantly???

If so - polarity doesn't matter for the 12v connection

Comment

Working...
                              X