back into the VW fold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back into the VW fold

so many moons ago we had a bay long story short moved several times and eventually it just had to go for less than its engine was worth
    but some years later hear we are just bought well last august bought ourselves a a VAN T4. (its not a bus, nor do i want it to be).
    X AA van had a blown engine, so the lad we got it from had another put in and at that time new clutch and timing belt so happy days 2002 van leccy windows. a million switches that we got no idea what they were fore, and the wiring that goes to them. id rip it all out if i knew what i was doing. but i dont so its all getting s taped off at the loose ends just in case they are live.
    any way ill start a pictorial log
    bought last August 2015 and basically done nought to it to recoup the out lay. but now it begins
    Attached Files
    hear today Vanagon Tomorrow

Click image for larger version

Name:	11150968_1690486057848534_5209909472115114317_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	257298Click image for larger version

Name:	11200813_1689286354635171_1431590174586115005_n.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	257299Click image for larger version

Name:	12509040_1727338377496635_3183037941303022954_n (1).jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	257300Click image for larger version

Name:	12509739_1747002318861932_1381925627035405866_n.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	257301
    ok so rear lights really wanted black but smoked seemed to be a close as i was going to get, i know bonnet bra's are not to every one taist, but your all looking at my Bra..... id rather it was Batt Black paint race style too. but cant afford paint yet, and the old interior. suprizingly once we took the work shop covers off, not too bad at all. but still want some thing nice eventually oh, and more windows please. as we have the camper van thingy, and it is waisted space to us who hangs clothes in cupboards its t shirts and shorts hopefully isnt it. so a ruck sack or 2 and jobs a good en.. so a full width rear seat / bed is wanted too. but with kids what one sooooo many... and needs to be safe too. as its going to be the Daddy Wagon
    Last edited by John Smutty Smith; 16 January 2016, 09:45 AM.

Comment

so wondows are booked in to be done then the carpeting so best rip the back out
      Attached Files

Comment

well thats them out ebay is calling well every little helps, and then a funeral pyre if them dont sell.
        Attached Files

Comment

now the order it should be in ,
          new windows with privacy 5% film and do th e existing the same
          then the ceiling and carpeting with insolation,
          and then the RnR

and in the very best traditions of fook ups hear the bed in LOL.
          Attached Files

Comment

ah ,, right so factory fit . cool and 250 quid ok it needs covering and maybe ned foam by them stains, but its complete and its safe for the kids,. dont know what caravelle or westy model it would of been from, one of you guys might well know. we do have headrests for the rear seat/bed just wasnt fitted at time of the picture.
            this seat came out of a collection of a set of steelies x 4 with goot 205 65 15s as eventually i woul like banded, and the priced floating about for them are daft, its cheaper to have a set made, how bonkers is that. will thats it till monday when the van goes in for window fitting and tinting. oh the guy doing them, is taking all the windows from the front doors back out, so while the door cards are off, ill be giving them a spruce up with a little sugar soap and elbow grease, and then a generous helping of matt black plasticoat.... so ttfn

Comment

cut it up and bonding in privacy windows under way
              Attached Files

Comment

and while the door cards are off be bloody rude not paint them up a tad aye
                Attached Files

Comment

Starting to come on now John.

Comment

What type of paint do you use on the door handles and stuff John? Mine have that shitty coating from VW that is discoloured and peeling and I want to repaint them (beige to match the interior).

I've also had bays & splits, they're a lot of fun, but the T4's are just such good vehicles, and comparatively much better value.

Comment

Working...
                    X