1999 Caravelle headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Caravelle headliner

I purchased a Caravelle headliner with the blower section but there’s nothing to secure it to the roof in the middle, I’ve got the clips on the sides front to back. Any help would be appreciated [emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Originally posted by 99Caravelle View Post
    I purchased a Caravelle headliner with the blower section but there’s nothing to secure it to the roof in the middle, I’ve got the clips on the sides front to back. Any help would be appreciated [emoji869]

You don't actually need them to secure the roof, the sides will support it sufficiently plus its a bugger to locate them , you'll need 2/3 helpers....There are a couple of types of fitting. One type uses a system similar to the transporter roof panel joiners - Are the mounting slides still attached to the roof you bought? Post a pic.

You can reuse the transporter clips x3 iirc, the other system uses a unique to the roof clip (got a picture somewhere). Try Cali Campers but expect to get fleeced unless you're buying the panel too!

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      You don't actually need them to secure the roof, the sides will support it sufficiently plus its a bugger to locate them , you'll need 2/3 helpers....There are a couple of types of fitting. One type uses a system similar to the transporter roof panel joiners - Are the mounting slides still attached to the roof you bought? Post a pic.

You can reuse the transporter clips x3 iirc, the other system uses a unique to the roof clip (got a picture somewhere). Try Cali Campers but expect to get fleeced unless you're buying the panel too!
      Cheers mate, I can’t seem to find any sort of clips that would fit any where. I was thinking of just putting a couple of spot of no more nails or something similar

Comment

Be careful with sticks like s..t
        It will stick, but permanent. The original clip is a black v-shape clip who slides in the little white channel. To undo u slide the headline 20mm forward.
        To fix their just clip in easily. Only six clips holding it up. They are some on ebay.com. and ebay.Deutschland

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
          Be careful with sticks like s..t
          It will stick, but permanent. The original clip is a black v-shape clip who slides in the little white channel. To undo u slide the headline 20mm forward.
          To fix their just clip in easily. Only six clips holding it up. They are some on ebay.com. and ebay.Deutschland

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
          Do you have a link?
          Thanks

Comment

Think this is the right part.

Comment

Where on earth do I find them? With out buying a whole new roof [emoji17]

Comment

Originally posted by 99Caravelle View Post
                Where on earth do I find them? With out buying a whole new roof [emoji17]

The pictures show the roof mounting bracket and clip. Bracket part number 705 868 561 x 6 (yours maybe attached still?), clips are 705 868 563 x 2 , 705 868 563A x 2 & 705 868 564 x 2 are required. Clips are common from 1991 to 2004 for the moulded headliner. Hope that helps?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...68564&_sacat=0
                Last edited by Activ8; 15 July 2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X