No announcement yet.

1995 2.4D... In at the deep end!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get rentless bottles from our factors. 35 deposit which is returned when you hand back without having another..........that isn't happening anytime soon. Its always been a mix. Wouldn't give BOC the steam off one of my turds, fecking bandits. Dread to think what they charge hospitals. They used to charge you 15 quid if you were late with the bottle rent. If the rent was paid they couldn't make you pay the late charge by law but wouldn't deal with you if you didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
      I get rentless bottles from our factors. 35 deposit which is returned when you hand back without having another..........that isn't happening anytime soon. Its always been a mix. Wouldn't give BOC the steam off one of my turds, fecking bandits. Dread to think what they charge hospitals. They used to charge you 15 quid if you were late with the bottle rent. If the rent was paid they couldn't make you pay the late charge by law but wouldn't deal with you if you didn't.
      Nah, BOC supplies the dispensing and carbonator gases for the bar at work so I'll get them to include some shielding gas in their next order and buy myself a new regulator. I'm certainly not giving them my hard earned!

Unfortunately my local steel stockholders/welding suppliers closed down the other year so all I've got left are farm supply places unless I go miles.

I suppose I'd better get practicing with the co2/argon mix then. Would thicker wire help? I've been using 0.6mm on the thin sheet metal.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
      Sent from underneath my T4

Comment

• Stay with the 0.6 and make sure you have a 0.6 tip

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Stay with the 0.6 and make sure you have a 0.6 tip
          I Hadn't even considered the tip size... Duh!
          Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s

Comment

• U wanna here sizzling bacon when welding
            Very helpful tip I was told years ago [emoji1787]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

• I can often smell sizzling bacon when I'm welding - must remember to wear gloves.

Comment

• And don't weld in a t-shirt for to long
                U get a very nice tan [emoji1787]

Comment

I can often smell sizzling bacon when I'm welding - must remember to wear gloves.
                  I hate wearing clumsy welding gloves , I loose the feel of welding through them .

Comment

• Agree with u on that one there awful things just wear the thin type with rubber palms think there just general builders gloves
                    Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                    I hate wearing clumsy welding gloves , I loose the feel of welding through them .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                      Have you tried tig gloves?

Personally I mig weld with nitrile gloves

Comment

Have you tried tig gloves?

Personally I mig weld with nitrile gloves

No I’ve not used mig gloves , but I do use nitrile gloves but feel stupid doing so .

Comment

• Originally posted by Tango91 View Post
                          If I could go back in time I'd tell myself to just repair the damn things like you have :/
                          This is exactly the experience I had with those outriggers, except mine came from vw heritage. If Id realised what a bad fit they are, I would have just repaired the existing ones.

Comment

• Probably the same supplier. What year is your T4?

Comment

• Originally posted by damont4 View Post
                              And don't weld in a t-shirt for to long
                              U get a very nice tan [emoji1787]

Haha yeah! The sunburn lasts a bloody long time too!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

• Are the outriggers different early to late? Those you have look very much the same shape as on ours.

Comment

Working...
                                X