red rusty bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qtronix View Post
    just thought i would put it here for people looking for a cheap pump upgrade,
    i was given an fuel pump off a Kia Sedona 2.9 its a 11mm pump with lda 20mm shaft. the boost pin looks like the modded ones you can buy with steep ramp angle.
    0460414139 VE4/11F2000R624-3
    didn't even think of looking into thses cars for pumps lol.
    Great find qtronix, 11mm pumphead too, I'm assuming it's not a sraight swap on a 1.9?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Great find qtronix, 11mm pumphead too, I'm assuming it's not a sraight swap on a 1.9?
      yeah 11mm pump head.

didn't have a pulley on so dont no the count. it has a timing advance is off the fuel pump pressure line so you would have to swap it out but apart from that its a stright swap.

Comment

should have put it has an electronic cold start that is on the fuel pressure regulator to the timing advance. its only a 12v supply like the start solenoid. so you could use that and do away with the manual pull handle or swap it out. but to swap it out the would have to swap the advance plunger as it has no cam bar and to do that the pump has to come apart.

just searched for the engine name KIA 2.9TD 16V SEDONA CARNIVAL J3 KJ ENGINE DIESEL FUEL PUMP
        Last edited by qtronix; 27 July 2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

after my tig welder broke a couple of years ago i have finally got around to getting another one. picking it up friday a nice ac dc tig. so i can weld a manifold up for this and new weater tank. sould be fun

Comment

pixked up my tig the other day so i can start to make the new manifolds and inlet the ones i have now are steel and look a bit ****
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190803_124604.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	267890

Comment

things have come to a stop once again lol, just as you have things planned out bills and shit come in that put things back (again).
              picking up the gas for the welder this friday and there charging me 20 quid to pick it up nice.
              moded the inline pump for the oil return, had a mate flow test it on his bench.
              now this is where things might change.
              i might just run the gt35 and inline. i had the supercharger fixed in my head but i am aiming for a higher number now.
              the block is coming back out to have liners put in and iam in talks with a guy about a griddle for it.
              the oil pump shaft is coming out and a idle pulley is going to be made for it so a dry sump can be fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by qtronix View Post
                iam in talks with a guy about a griddle for it.
                I used to make and produce block girdles back in the day, sold a fair few, mainly to the GTD forum

Google 'regcheeseman girdle block' gets you

Name:	girdle003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	267996

I still have the CAD files - could get you a price for a 1 off, probably be £50, you'd need to get spacers turned, but I've got the CAD files for those as well, you need 10 off spacers at around £3 a pop. less if you have a mate with

Have a look here http://vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=27133.0
                Last edited by regcheeseman; 14 August 2019, 01:15 PM.

Comment

This talk is completely over my head but I’m watching with so much interest 🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

so i have been still working on this in the background and collecting parts.
                    its taken me a few weeks to sort out a sheet bender one with diff size top tools so i can do double bends with a 10mm inner gap.
                    been busy making a press tool for the power steering tank and header tank end caps as i could not find one for sale. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1544.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	779.6 KB
ID:	284089

Name:	IMG_1545.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	758.7 KB
ID:	284090
                    making these press tools where a lot of work to get right. these are just the test ones but they come out ok. so now i can start making the tanks and exhaust system.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

I used to make and produce block girdles back in the day, sold a fair few, mainly to the GTD forum

Google 'regcheeseman girdle block' gets you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13381[/ATTACH]

I still have the CAD files - could get you a price for a 1 off, probably be £50, you'd need to get spacers turned, but I've got the CAD files for those as well, you need 10 off spacers at around £3 a pop. less if you have a mate with

Have a look here http://vwdiesel.net/forum/index.php?topic=27133.0
                      I can do the spacers if needs be .

Comment

Did the fuel pump bolt up to the bracket, was the centre bore big enough and how will you deal with the 20mm shaft? Mk4 boss and modded pulley? AAZs have the electric cold start solenoid (fast warm up idle no advance), don't think I've ever found one that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          Did the fuel pump bolt up to the bracket, was the centre bore big enough and how will you deal with the 20mm shaft? Mk4 boss and modded pulley? AAZs have the electric cold start solenoid (fast warm up idle no advance), don't think I've ever found one that worked.
                          hi i have an inline pump now to go on. i have modded the pump to have a oil pump supply insted of flowing out the front of the shaft. but still gotta see about mounting it. not really done much just been collecting parts at the mo.

Comment

Working...
                          X