No announcement yet.

Bottom Ball Joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to say the axle stand was out of shoot. I did say jack up safely so its do as I say not as I do. Did say it was a half assed "how to"

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      The joint had only been on since September 2017. It was a Topran one, I blame all the potholes on our rural roads. How long have others had them last out of interest?
      Never changed mine in 15 years of ownership. I must check them though to be on the safe side

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

Bumped for Spedwing.

Comment

Cheers matey 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I've changed mine twice and me track rod ends too, cheap ones tho ,

Come rain or shine I'm out in mine!!
            Originally posted by S49 View Post
            The joint had only been on since September 2017. It was a Topran one, I blame all the potholes on our rural roads. How long have others had them last out of interest?
            Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Just T4s

Comment

The bottom ball joints are easily missed and you have 3 months come back I think on an mot.

Comment

Heres a bump for DD and anyone else planning on doing lower joints.
                Last edited by S49; 21 September 2021, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Many thanks.

I noticed you mention that side to side play is very bad.. that's what I have now.
                  No up & down play but very slight side to side in the ball joint.
                  Either-way they're getting changed.

Just taking a break for a few days as I have been spanner'ing hard on one of my bikes the last week or so (head gasket on a v-twin) and I'm waiting for my Ex to bring back my only axle stand tall enough for the van. When not needed here it's used as a hoof stand for horse hoof filing.
                  So it appears that after our separation at Xmas we seem to now have joint custody over a single axle stand... life is funny really..
                  Last edited by DubDick; 21 September 2021, 07:54 PM.
                  1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Bump for Benf

Comment

Working...
                    X