Sockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sockets

Picked this up today in one of my little deals. A 1960's Britool socket set. It must have been treasured though out someones working life as the additions and replacements are all Snap on and Proto. Neither cheap and I know from experience mechanic's wages haven't always been the best. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2059.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	272891Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2057.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	272892
    Last edited by S49; 21 June 2019, 07:10 PM.

Nice

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

That’s brilliant Si. And snap on too.

Comment

I have more than enough but I just keep getting them. Bought an old Britool 3/4 drive T handle and Snap On 19mm just for the vans wheel nuts from the Antique centre in Church Stretton a couple a weeks ago then found cause the socket is impact and beefed up it wont go down the hole in the alloys.......be ok for the winter steels mind.Love flea markets and boot sales for old sockets and spanners. The Britool stuff from about 1990 on just isn't a patch on the old stuff.......i'll get me coat.

Comment

That cool si, I’m the same always looking for a bargain. I came across this in a garage clearance the other day, snap on, Britool, mac among others £150, I nearly snapped his hand off.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I got a old ish brittool set, it never let me down no matter how i abuse it. Unfortunately the new stuff is made in China, so don't know how long it lasts or how manny bolts get rounded off

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

That looks a steal at that Chally mate.

Comment

I probably didn’t really need it but couldn’t refuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

That's it, I just cant help myself.

Comment

Some good buys there - well done.

Comment

The old saying ‘ they don’t make them like they used too ‘ I like the older tools , Elora , stahlwille , brittool , king dick ( one for arf ) as far as modern tools go I find Bergen ok if your on a budget or the Halfords professional range , car boot sales and auto jumbles are the best place to pick up the older makes .

Comment

Working...
                      X