Oil pressure probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pressure probs

Hi 👋 Iv has my wonderful t4 1.9 d for a couple years and I’m now having trouble with oil pressure. Iv tried the breather pipe, ccv valve. There’s a hissing coming from the ccv valve and I’m losing oil through the rocket cover and the cam shaft seal. It’s also getting slower (although I know a 1.9 d is slow it’s ridiculous 🤦🏼*♀️. Would be grateful for any ideas thanks 🙏
    Last edited by Jaywalking; 18 June 2019, 07:24 PM. Reason: Wrong word duh 🙄

When you say oil pressure do you mean the crankcase pressurizing or problems with the oil light? Crankcase pressure could indicate compression getting by the piston rings. I'd recheck breather pipes are not blocked and perhaps take the housing on the block that the breather goes to off to be sure that isn't gummed up, then blow out the pipes and change the valve on the rocker/camshaft cover. If its oil pressure have it checked with a gauge by screwing the gauges pipe to the sender threads on the oil filter housing and cylinderhead. Keep us posted

Comment

Sorry, hello and welcome.

Comment

Hello and welcome,
        As above for the oil
        As for a little quicker, you could turbo it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Jaywalking View Post
          Hi [emoji112] Iv has my wonderful t4 1.9 d for a couple years and I’m now having trouble with oil pressure. Iv tried the breather pipe, ccv valve. There’s a hissing coming from the ccv valve and I’m losing oil through the rocket cover and the cam shaft seal. It’s also getting slower (although I know a 1.9 d is slow it’s ridiculous [emoji1749]*[emoji3601]. Would be grateful for any ideas thanks [emoji120]
          Id suggest cease driving until you identify the problem. When was it last serviced? An engine flush followed by a fresh filter and oil change then check the pressures.

Comment

Hi Thankyou for your advice, I will change the valve and see where that takes me. Il keep you posted. ☺️ Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X