1st T4 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st T4 Build

Picked up a 1800 petrol 93plate T4, Old guy had it for quite a few years, paid £750 for it, needs some mot work and some tlc,
    Looking to put new 12v electrics in with Led lights, slit charge system, 240v hook up, rock and roll bed, going make some overhead storage above the sink and cooker,.

I build custom wardrobes for Sharps Bedrooms so get a lot of Led strip lights and downlights, also get spare timber for building stuff so that will keep the budget low.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_2image-25[203].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	272873

Name:	Vw .jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	272865

Name:	Vw5.jpg
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	272866

Name:	rsz_image-27[205].jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	272867

Name:	rsz_image-31[209].jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	272868

Name:	rsz_image-34[212].jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	272869

Name:	Vw4.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	272870

Changed the carpet and got some seats to go in for the time being, want to get her on the road then I can save for a rock and roll bed,

Name:	Vw3.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	272871
    Will put more pics up as I progress.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cbrdave; 11 June 2019, 09:15 PM.

Well if you do work for sharps, then I imagined it to be very nice , I've worked in houses across the country with sharps fitted units, very well made furniture,(expensive). Looks like you've done a great job their mate, I'm sure you could build some different ones and sell them , bespoke camper units , big profit for you if you can get the stuff from work. Well do e with the build it looks great, and you got the van very cheap too great start. Keep the progress pics coming.

Come rain or shine I'm out in mine!!

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by damien devil View Post
      Well if you do work for sharps, then I imagined it to be very nice , I've worked in houses across the country with sharps fitted units, very well made furniture,(expensive). Looks like you've done a great job their mate, I'm sure you could build some different ones and sell them , bespoke camper units , big profit for you if you can get the stuff from work. Well do e with the build it looks great, and you got the van very cheap too great start. Keep the progress pics coming.

Thanks Mate, I did think of making some and sticking them up for sale, I get a fair amount of left over materials, got to clear the workshop 1st, also got the jobs at home to catch up on inbetween doing the T4 and works got busy so will have to wait a bit on the bespoke camper units.

Comment

£750.00....[emoji41]

What a bargain,

Well done that man, looks a lovely base van to crack on with.
        Keep us posted...

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Cbrdave View Post
          Thanks Mate, I did think of making some and sticking them up for sale, I get a fair amount of left over materials, got to clear the workshop 1st, also got the jobs at home to catch up on inbetween doing the T4 and works got busy so will have to wait a bit on the bespoke camper units.
          If works busy for sharps then your pockets will be full anyway, so no need to build units to sell, always a sideline for later, if needed, enjoy the build mate ,

Comment

Hi Dave .
            Good luck with the build and in getting this old beauty through the MOT.

Might I suggest removing the MOT failure chit pic as it has all of the van vin#'s etc. Just upload a pic of the fail entries - just to keep your data safe.

Comment

Originally posted by damien devil View Post
              If works busy for sharps then your pockets will be full anyway, so no need to build units to sell, always a sideline for later, if needed, enjoy the build mate ,

Unfortunately the cost of a Sharps Bedroom is big but the wages are not, regular work though so can't complain, definitely a thought for later as you say.

Comment

I’m looking forward to seeing the build take shape , since you’ve let the cat out of the bag that you work for sharps the pressure is on for some trick cabinet making and innovative storage ideas ect .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                  I’m looking forward to seeing the build take shape , since you’ve let the cat out of the bag that you work for sharps the pressure is on for some trick cabinet making and innovative storage ideas ect .
                  Think I should have kept quiet

Comment

Originally posted by Cbrdave View Post
                    Think I should have kept quiet
                    Haha , you can sell the original units , extra money towards the van ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                      Haha , you can sell the original units , extra money towards the van ?
                      Not a bad Idea that mate.

Comment

Good
                        Luck with the build Dave 🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Echo all the above, has to be one of the best buys ever and a rare engine combo to boot. None of those failures are a problem! Watching with interest and welcome to the gang :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

So todays progress was hampered by rain again,
                            Got the side panels carpeted

Name:	Interior.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	267474

Then the heavens opened again so retreated into the garage and primed and sprayed the VW badges black then using some Carbon wrap I had laying around had a play.

Name:	rsz_20190613_155317.jpg
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	267475

She's off to mechanics tomorrow to get the ball joints done but when I get her back I will hopefully installing the new exhaust system ( went for the standard for now just to get her through the mot and then will get something better).

Will also be installing 240v electrics and the 12v led lights and new headlining.

Weather permitting!

Comment

So She's back from mechanics, all ball joints done, new full exhaust, new fan belt and a mini service (oil and filters), apparently it already had new plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm replaced, also has new front discs, callipers and pads.

It has a full mot too, only advisory was the minor fuel leak at the carb.

Need to source a replacement accelerator pump diaphragm on the carb, just need to take old one out and see what length it is.
                              Also got to find out why it has started to over run when its warmed up and ignition is switched off.

Been told I can put power steering on it as it is a pretty straight forward job so will look into that.

Going to stay with the units that are in it for now as I haven't the time to make new, will make an overhead unit above the hob and sink though,
                              Also going to make an enclosure for the floor in front of the gear stick, will have speakers, cup holders, power outlets and a wireless charger on top with section for mobile phone to sit and stay .

Will put more progress pics up soon.
                              Works got mentally busy so will hope to progress during the evenings.

Made a list of to do's but lost it, so will put one on here so I know where it is.

1. Car pump diaphragm .
                              2. Sort over run.
                              3. Fix fuel and temp gauges with new voltage regulator.
                              4. Re enforcement ribs on pop up roof and new seal.
                              5. Install gear linkage bush kit, maybe a short shift mod.
                              6. 240v electrics with hidden inlet behind bumper.
                              7.12v split charge system.
                              8. Overhead units above hob and sink.
                              9. Under dash enclosure for cups, usb outlets and speakers.
                              10.New roof lining.
                              11. Led Lighting.
                              12. 12v and 240v sockets.
                              13. Get fridge checked and find an idiots guide on how to use.
                              14. Fresh and waste water tanks and install pump for fresh water.
                              15. Source and fit new tinted glass all round.
                              16. Carbon wrap bonnet
                              Last edited by Cbrdave; 23 June 2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X