More advice please hope this is ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More advice please hope this is ok

Please feel free to move if this is in the wrong place.

So I’ve had the van serviced and it’s running so much better had the cam belt and water pump replaced. I need to get a starter and fit it then mechanically I’m all
    Done for now I hope.

What’s next? I need to replace some window seals which I’ve bought is there anything else I should be looking at? Should I get it undersealed or waxoyled it doesn’t have much rust that I can see
    And has had a little welding a few years back and I’d like to keep it that way. Been quoted £350 to get the underside steam cleaned and waxoyled.

Also and it has a home made camper interior and only two front (rotating)seats. Is there a way of fitting a single seat with belt in the back so I can carry more than two people safely yet also keep the existing interior? I did think about getting a double front seat and replacing the passenger seat with it however the seats are so comfy it seems a shame - and our daughter doesn’t often travel with us now she’s grown up.

I’ll post some interior pics later for feedback.

As usual thanks in advance had nothing but positivity and good advice so far

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Without seeing the interior set up , I can’t give you any advice , has it had a lower sill section on the drivers side as there’s no swage line ?

I’d use Dinitrol wax oil or a 3M cavity wax , I’d treat the underneath of the van myself ,if you don’t mind going under the van and giving the underside a good clean with a wire brush and have access to a compressor , check the weather forecast and allow a good 3 days of nice weather for the waxoil to harden .

Comment

A single rear can be fitted on mushroom bolts with a lap belt. Idea if you want to remove and refit as required.DSCN1665.jpg The double in the picture is what I have now the single you can see is now in my shed and I put the lap belt off it on the double as I didn't want to start hacking my ply panels to access the 3 point mounting. So I settled for 2 lap belts on the double. We wire brushed the underside of our blue one. Primed and then stonechipped DSCN1251.jpgDSCN1249.jpgDSCN1254.jpgDSCN1256.jpg
      Last edited by S49; 8 June 2019, 10:13 AM.

Comment

38 quids worth of stonechip and 25 quids worth of primer and your away.

Comment

I would put your lovely van on ramps get some overalls and a pair of goggles and pressure wash the under side of the van then wax oil it yourself it will only cost £100 at most , and you will have piece of mind that it’s done properly and a pocket full of cash left for your new seat [emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate all the help I don’t have access to a ramp so will be doing it on my back with ramps but I’ll give it a go.

Comment

Another query I have sorry. My van is fitted with a leisure battery and it has a battery charger fitted which is supposed to charge it up when you’re plugged in on site. It also has a converter which runs the electrics in the van but it doesn’t seem to work. The electrics worked ok when we were hooked up but there is nothing when I try to run it off the battery by itself. There is a led display which is showing 12 volts but nothing works. It is a home done job and I have no idea where to start looking for faults. It has a sort of fuse box which is all switched on so any thoughts on where I start please? Also how the hell do you get the screw out of the ignition switch? I bought a 90 degree Philips but I can’t get to it let alone shift it any help appreciated as always and thanks in advance .

Comment

Working...
              X