No announcement yet.

Looking at buying t4 need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks alot. what do you think this can would actually be worth then?

Comment

Steve mc Is selling his van.He has a build thread called ‘dad and son camper conversion’.have a look at that.Pm him if your interested You can find it in the members build thread section.

Comment

And it has fantastic front seats......................no idea where they came from.

Comment

can you add a pop top after the rest has ben converted or is that something that should be done first?

Comment

A lot have added them later. Steveo for one so its not to much of a problem. Its not for me as I like the classic "surf bus" look but its all good.

Comment

Not a bad van, would leave you a whole lot of change for a pop top and to do something with the interior but all the basics are done, not saying you should buy that van, just an example of what you can get for a lot less

Please view this ad:

Vw t4 carravelle ,
              https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-...nt=app_android

Comment

Originally posted by Big al View Post
                Not a bad van, would leave you a whole lot of change for a pop top and to do something with the interior but all the basics are done, not saying you should buy that van, just an example of what you can get for a lot less

Please view this ad:

Vw t4 carravelle ,
                That's more like it.

Regarding the first van - T4's got fully galvanised from 95 ish when they switched to the more rounded bumper. L reg vans tend to have a lot of rust - those that are left. Now, this may well be a minter with no rust, easy to get distracted by shiny paint. But it still wouldn't be a 10k van, wrong engine.

And 25 year old engines don't smoke if they are running right.Probably just a poorly timed pump or a duff glow plug but if you owned a 11k van, surely you'd look after it?

Comment

Originally posted by Big al View Post

Please view this ad:

Vw t4 carravelle ,
                  Thanks a good price for that van 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I only had a quick scan of eBay/Gumtree, the summer tax is definitely in full flow now, a lot of overpriced vans about!

Comment

Just done an mot history check and when he says there were no advisories that's because it failed first time round, obviously the works been done to pass without advisories, just saying !!!

Also looking back its had structure corrosion, so its definitely gonna need going over like Reg advised.

Not slating it as it looks lovely, just giving you advice mate [emoji1690]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                        Just done an mot history check and when he says there were no advisories that's because it failed first time round, obviously the works been done to pass without advisories, just saying !!!

Also looking back its had structure corrosion, so its definitely gonna need going over like Reg advised.

Not slating it as it looks lovely, just giving you advice mate [emoji1690]

Good detective work there... and all without even going to look at the vehicle.

Comment

I do like that reverse gear selector on the gearstick tho, looks the nuts !!!

Comment

Yeh I had alook at that last night. I've decided not to bother with it at its price range.

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Theres so many Van's out there at sensible money mate, keep looking, I'm sure you'll find one that suits and wont cost you 10k either [emoji1690]

Comment

https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans...an-/1342512156

what do you think on this one

Comment

Working...
                                X