Looking at buying t4 need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at buying t4 need some advice

Hi guys I'm interested in this van on Ebay but I wondered if it's a bit over priced? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254229383074

Also said the engine and pump belts have been done
    It would be the main family car so I would need it to be reliable. Also how hard would it be to put 3 point belts in the back.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tomojack; 6 June 2019, 06:47 AM.

Hello and welcome,
    Belts would depend on the r&r bed that was fitted some can some wont.
    Have seen this one and although loads has been done and it looks really good (probably worth it if you dont want to do work to one yourself. I would be looking for belts already in the back

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

I wouldn't be doing any work myself. Just changing the belts at some point

Comment

You need to go and look at them tbh.
        The price range is so broad it's down to looking at the actual van and getting a feel for the condition, options and materials used.

£11500 would buy you a lot of options if you were to commission a build yourself and I think you'd get change from that but it's down to the base van, servicing and maintenance. Go drive a few as the engine type can make a big difference to your experience fully kitted out.

Best of luck. Help is always here and there's no daft questions on this forum to.

Comment

Dashboard looks very odd, looks like they've covered up the centre console and the cubby bit on top left, where's the middle vents/heater controls gone??

Comment

Why does it have two kitchens installed?

It's old with the least preferred engine fitted and he needs to flog it quick before all the rot comes bubbling back through the paint.

i dont think it is a 11.5 k van - it's very tidy but be wary all that glitters is not gold.

However there is one mod on it that looks absolutely fabulous and is something I really want to do to my van, loads of work for something most wont see unless it's done poorly - but it is an OCD pleaser. Can anyone see what it is?

Comment

I’ll guess at wider arches

Comment

I've got another picture but not sure how to post. Heater controls are down below the Cd DVD unit.
                What do you think is a fair price for it.

He said it smokes on initial start up but that's typical of a van 25 years old?

He has had it for 5 years I think and bought it converted.

Do you think it will have alot of rot to come through?

Comment

Tailgate lower add on lip?

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                    Why does it have two kitchens installed?

It's old with the least preferred engine fitted and he needs to flog it quick before all the rot comes bubbling back through the paint.

i dont think it is a 11.5 k van - it's very tidy but be wary all that glitters is not gold.

However there is one mod on it that looks absolutely fabulous and is something I really want to do to my van, loads of work for something most wont see unless it's done poorly - but it is an OCD pleaser. Can anyone see what it is?
                    It's the right shade of grey that you were after?

Offside slider rail recess has been smoothed to improve the side profile.

Note to self:
                    Must remember to fill coolant.
                    Check my wiper caps and paint wiper arms.
                    Look for red steering reservoir cap.
                    Last edited by Activ8; 6 June 2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomojack View Post
                      Do you think it will have alot of rot to come through?
                      It's more when will the rust come back, at the end of the day their old vehicles, rust will always be an issue to deal with, mine was professionally resprayed before I bought it so say 4-5 years ago and the rust is creeping back now, nothing major but it is something you need to keep on top of, it seems from his description that he has had a lot of repair work done but all to many times people have been caught out by a shiny paint job and then found what was lurking benith, if I were paying that much I would have a very thorough inspection, ideally with someone who knows about bodywork. Just my personal opinion but there's a lot of tidy van out there for 6-8k max, 11.5k seems a lot to me to be spending on a t4?

Comment

Thanks alot he said he would go 10500 so maybe can drop to 10k. I will get someone to have a look with me

Comment

Far too much for me. Look at that one last week, all the bells and whistles 9500 and four rusty arches free of charge. Buy a solid van for 2 or 3 grand and enjoy getting it how you need it.

Comment

I think I will have a look. It will be the only family car so I need something ready to go really.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomojack View Post
                              I think I will have a look. It will be the only family car so I need something ready to go really.
                              Dont be led to believe that every 10k van will be better than 5k vans, make sure you check as much as possible for tin worm, windscreen, side steps (all three/four) under the rear door/tailgate plastic trim, rear wheel tubs and all 4 arches, inner wings !!!

Then theres the electrics look for bodges and add ons, normally well in sight, if it has a rubber front mat check for damp/wet under it.

Look for oil leaks, water leaks etc etc

If I was spending 10.5k I'd at the very least want a 2.5tdi 102bhp mate and even then you can pick them up far cheaper converted !

Sent from my SM-G965F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                              X