Newbie after advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie after advice

Hello all. Newbie looking to get a T4. I've read the sound advice to look for the best base van ignore the fancy bits. Anyone in the Nottingham area to chat it over with? Cheers everyone

Hello and welcome!
    I am sure those local will be along soon enough, they may even show you around their Van's for inspiration!

There will be a van out there for you

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Frenchy and Activ are either side of the M1, they will be along at some point.

Comment

Welcome.
        I'm based in Derby MarkE and happy to chat it over with you.

I'd suggest the Dubfellas meet to rendezvous with a few owners and several different types / styles of van to view and chat over.

Comment

Thanks for the replies I saw the dubfella meets and I'll keep an eye out for the next one. Thks activ8 I've found a couple buyer's guides so I'll have a look through and message for a chat. It's be good to have a look around the different versions, I was reading some people rate the 1.9 turbo as best option but I guess it comes down to any van's condition and history as best thing to look at. I definitely wanted a stealth camper fit out..

Comment

Seems like a bit of a minefield looking, would you go for a van with no service history though has12 month MOT? Do you all the think the diesel engines have common things to look for when you view?

Comment

Ours had no history at all apart from a service booked partly stamped but for a different van! I'd go for condition over mileage,history or whats fitted. But vehicle repairs is what I do. Whats the use of lots of history if you strip the thing down and go right though it? Its condition for me. Not sure if I've helped but I hope I have.

Comment

I may have to sell L200 CVP if I buy the new one ☝️

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

Yes that helped,I have looked through the buyer's guide to help me when looking at a van, guess it's about being methodical and having a second person to calm down any T4 Rosey glasses..If you had to compromise on condition would it be bodywork or mechanics? I'm definitely after a fairly standard van base to then adapt rather than fancy custom stuff. I read the base 2.4 non turbo is more prone to head failure?

Comment

And yes any heads up on known van's would be great. Thks all

Comment

Hello MarkE

Hello and welcome.

Sorry but only just seen this. I’m in Notts, so if you want to chat, or see my van, I can go through the various pitfuls to avoid etc.

Dubfellas is a really good meet, with loads of vans and usually held monthly. But won’t be on for the next couple of months due to the high level of summer events/shows. I usually post the meet details on here just in case anyone wants to attend.

Some from this forum have made long journeys to attend....we’ve even had someone from Scotland attend on their way through to the South West.

But anyway, if you want to have a look let me know.

Frenchy

Comment

So on the subject of no history I was looking at this one..any thoughts? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-W-RE...AAAOSwcENc9Q8n

Comment

I just saw your post that'd be great frenchdna thks..let me know when you might be around.. And I'm looking out for the next meet

Comment

Originally posted by MarkE View Post
                            So on the subject of no history I was looking at this one..any thoughts? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-W-RE...AAAOSwcENc9Q8n
                            Looks honest and fairly rot free, plenty of drinks and dents though

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                            X