The West’est Vw fest 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The West’est Vw fest 2019

A localish show to me and the second time I’ve been .

The last time I went 2018 , I’d not long owned my van and it was just a bare van , I found plenty of inspiration at the show which was one of my reasons for going .

Fast foward to this year and I camped out in my van .

Friday evening set up .

We booked family camping this year as last time we went we were in club camping and it was too noisy for us .

This year Friday night was ok , but last night was atrocious, a big bus was parked two pitches away from us and had music blaring until 6am this morning FFS I though this was supposed to be family camping , why is it I always seem to get some meathead parked by us that spoils it.

The two couples also by us weren’t happy this morning , I also heard others talking that the camping numbers were down as well as the trade stands, I’m not surprised to be honest if this is what normally happens , I’m no snowflake and I’ve got no qualms with people enjoying themselves but 6am in the morning is a piss take by anyone’s standards.

Anyway we had wanted to wander down to have a look at show and shine this morning , which incidentally I was hoping to enter this year, but my vans bodywork is below par at the minute .

Unfortunately lack of sleep and the fact it was absolutely pouring down with rain we decided to pack up and head for home .

We got soaked too the skin taking the awning down , not nice , but one of those things thats going to happen at some point , I’ll take the awning out and air it in the week .

Anyway enough talking , let’s see some pics .

Stunning T4 , I really liked this one and chatted to the owner.

Nicely converted bars .

Van of the show for me , the owner runs a restoration business and no better advert than this beautiful split screen .

Busy site .

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Last edited by Fruitbat; 2 June 2019, 04:41 PM.

Sorry to hear the trip was spoiled yet again.... 3rd time lucky????

Nice setup - How was the family?

Nice looking van.... I like the headlights in this.
    Last edited by Activ8; 2 June 2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Sorry to hear the trip was spoiled yet again.... 3rd time lucky????

Nice setup - How was the family?

Nice looking van.... I like the headlights in this.
      https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f7d852588.jpg]
      3rd time lucky , hmmmm, we have talked about it as our 4yr old enjoyed the workshops and kids interactive entertainment , but I think it would be a day visit which is a shame as the van is for camping in .

Family are ok , we left at 10am and they both slept on the way home ,absolutely shattered the pair of them , they are now sleeping on the sofa while I rustle up something to eat .

Van performed faultlessly, it didn’t miss a beat , I’m going to give it a full service soon as a treat .

I also remembered the saucepans this time haha , I’m going to look into getting a better fridge , one of these compressor type ones as the cool box struggled a bit as it was really humid Friday / Saturday .

The blue van was very nice , I plucked up the courage to speak too him and a few others , I feel like a right anorak talking to people about vans

This will make you all laugh , there was aT6 for sale , Mrs Fruitbat spotted it so we went to have a look , the owner was sat inside , we got chatting and he’s selling it because he’s bought a T4 and said their much better built vans !

Comment

Love that first van - the colours right up my street .
        Shame about the twats that spoil the camping!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your noisy neighbours Kev, nothing worse when your trying to get little ones to sleep, at least you weren't the only one getting soaked this morning, I was in work and got caught in it, bloody tipped it down! Dews lake is one of my favourite camp sites but we prefer to go when it's a bit quiter, last time we went we had half a field to ourselves, much more peaceful! Next year I'll def be there, just happened to coinside with missis's 40th this month so I'm a porpor at the mo

Comment

Originally posted by Big al View Post
            Sorry to hear about your noisy neighbours Kev, nothing worse when your trying to get little ones to sleep, at least you weren't the only one getting soaked this morning, I was in work and got caught in it, bloody tipped it down! Dews lake is one of my favourite camp sites but we prefer to go when it's a bit quiter, last time we went we had half a field to ourselves, much more peaceful! Next year I'll def be there, just happened to coinside with missis's 40th this month so I'm a porpor at the mo

Cheers , I did have a look around to see if I could see your van

Comment

The West’est Vw fest 2019

This made me smile and the blue one you liked, maybe next year this can be our lets meet up place? Nearly brought myself a Batman fire pit in the trade area but I did pic up a cool mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it cleared up later in the day

Comment

About 1 ish it was lovely but loads were leaving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                    Cheers , I did have a look around to see if I could see your van
                    Unfortunately not there,I was out and about this afternoon, I did keep an eye out for yours or Dave's van as there was a fair few about today

Comment

The rear quarter panel windows on the blue one looks out of proportion to me for some reason. Nice vans though [emoji1303]

Comment

This is full of character. Interesting front lights and paint scheme. Sofa (?) / Sofa bed on the roof as an aerofoil - genius ....

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                          The rear quarter panel windows on the blue one looks out of proportion to me for some reason. Nice vans though [emoji1303]

Looks like it's missing the edging trim unlike the opener. Still .... - it's a great looking van despite being a lwb! [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Looks like it's missing the edging trim unlike the opener. Still .... - it's a great looking van despite being a lwb! [emoji38]
                            LWB were out in force

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                              LWB were out in force
                              Well it does allow you to put your Y-Fronts on in the van Kev. I suspect it makes a massive difference if you're 3 up playing musical chairs in the morning. How's the awning working for you? Has it got a sleeping pod?

Comment

Working...
                              X