Dont Be a Dick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Be a Dick

I'm new here, recently purchased a T4 Doka from a lovely guy called Otto. This now takes my car/van owned list to 37, which i'm quite proud of at 31 haha

That also means I'm a member on quite a few forums, mainly for advice or ideas etc. I always go out my way to read the forum rules and sticky posts as I know these places can a tad hostile with newbies asking the most common of questions which have been answered over and over again.

I would just like to say that the world of forums would be a better place if their rules were so insistent on "Dont be a dick" personally think that's good life advice in general, so ill do my best to fit in.

I'm not sure how many other Doka owners on here there are? Or even if that is what they are commonly referred to as? It took me a while to find the right one, from the right owner, mainly due to there not been many for sale. It will primarily be a work vehicle, albeit, a second work vehicle that I don't actually need but that's my justification to the wife and tax man but there are plans for small mods etc, nicer interior, it will eventually be resprayed and sign written with my business logo and used as a sort of advertising/weekend toy mainly.

so yeah, that's me saying Hi

Originally posted by TomCantFly View Post
    I'm new here, recently purchased a T4 Doka from a lovely guy called Otto. This now takes my car/van owned list to 37, which i'm quite proud of at 31 haha

That also means I'm a member on quite a few forums, mainly for advice or ideas etc. I always go out my way to read the forum rules and sticky posts as I know these places can a tad hostile with newbies asking the most common of questions which have been answered over and over again.

I would just like to say that the world of forums would be a better place if their rules were so insistent on "Dont be a dick" personally think that's good life advice in general, so ill do my best to fit in.

I'm not sure how many other Doka owners on here there are? Or even if that is what they are commonly referred to as? It took me a while to find the right one, from the right owner, mainly due to there not been many for sale. It will primarily be a work vehicle, albeit, a second work vehicle that I don't actually need but that's my justification to the wife and tax man but there are plans for small mods etc, nicer interior, it will eventually be resprayed and sign written with my business logo and used as a sort of advertising/weekend toy mainly.

so yeah, that's me saying Hi
    Welcome along ... it’s nice here , people are friendly .. another forum which I won’t mention you get shot down in flames for even being there 🤪 get some pics up when you can 🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome, sounds like an interesting project you've got planned, plus 1 on the photos?
      Last edited by Big al; 1 June 2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Hi welcome along well i can say this fourm i good and there is no such think as a silly question on here. Would love to see some pictures. What would your sign writing be and logo.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Just a warm welcome

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Just my home improvements company. It’s called Cool Penguin. Basically due to me liking penguins 🤣 needed a business name and that was that. Plan it timber the bed and sides, so they will no longer be drop down. Then painted on logos, name, as you see on most “hip” barber shops these days. Front end, will be bonnet and side doors. It will be respirated eventually, colours need to be tested to make sure the logo stands and looks good etc but this isn’t going to something I do in a rush, I’ve wanted a doka since I was 17 and it’s taken me 14 years to buy one 😅

Comment

DBB4F7C5-4548-4CEE-ABB1-A65C89FF2241.jpg

Here’s the only pick I have a moment. Will take a few more tomorrow when I’m home.

Comment

Welcome along
                Be following with interest [emoji106]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome, we are dead friendly here, and there is no such thing as a stupid question just an impatient arse posting the answer [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Sit yerself down and settle in....we will take care of you.
                    Nice Doka, btw.
                    Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 1 June 2019, 04:29 PM.
                    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Well while we are here.....The wing mirrors aren’t the prettiest, I’m assuming all T4 wing mirrors will fit a Doka? And the same with front end panels (wings/doors/bonnet/bumper) as long as they are for a short nose?

Comment

Hello Tom and welcome. A doka is on my list at some point. I would think standard mirrors will fit a Doka. Mind I have seen it done the other way round.

Comment

Welcome aboard.
                          Enjoy the journey with us.

30+ cars is impressive and as we all like pics feel free to post some up. Doka wing mirrors are unique to that chassis but not to the shared platform doors. Vision maybe slightly restricted with T4 standard mirrors.

There are no daft questions because we've all been there..... many times.

Comment

Pics of the doka or my previous conquests? 😅 I did think about the restricted view but I think I’ll get a tatty set of eBay and try them, holding that the mirror can be adjusted enough for them to be practical.

Comment

Originally posted by TomCantFly View Post
                              Pics of the doka or my previous conquests? [emoji28] I did think about the restricted view but I think I’ll get a tatty set of eBay and try them, holding that the mirror can be adjusted enough for them to be practical.
                              What? Pics.....Everything and anything.... your best, the worst, drunken ebay buys, bikes, scooters, classics, models, dogs, sling'em up and then take cover, it'll unfold into a cluster-fuck of a thread but with a great following!

Have you seen the VW Action thread? End of August.... nice to see you and the Doka there (but be prepared for dribbling though!) as they're much desired!

Comment

Working...
                              X