No announcement yet.

New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I agreed to buy a van, agreed on price and was just waiting for the seller to be ready, had my heart set on it. Even bought a few bits and bobs for it.

Seller came down my house yesterday, fucked injector so he’s not selling it. Absolutely gutted. Don’t know where to go from here, had a titful of looking at vans now after finding what I thought was such a good clean example.

Taking a week or two break from looking before I knock t4 hunting on the head completely.

Gutted

Comment

• Don't give up, maybe that van just wasn't meant to be, you'll find the one! I would wait till winter for the prices to drop and save a few pennies, if your not in a rush that is. Seems a strange reason to cancel the sale, sounds like he had a change of heart, an broken injector is not exactly the worst of problems to have??

Comment

• Originally posted by Big al View Post
        Don't give up, maybe that van just wasn't meant to be, you'll find the one! I would wait till winter for the prices to drop and save a few pennies, if your not in a rush that is. Seems a strange reason to cancel the sale, sounds like he had a change of heart, an broken injector is not exactly the worst of problems to have??
        Agreed a broken injector is not a big deal unless it has dumped diesel which could be an issue, when I was an apprentice on the Buses( cue I’ll get you Butler ) we had a TN11 drop an injector, I was tasked with draining the sump before it got a full engine rebuild. I was black from head to toe and stank of diesel for about a week. Keep looking and YOUR van will find You [emoji1317]🤙🏽[emoji1317]

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

• Thanks both, yes I thought it was a bit strange to not sell because of injector but I’m all fairness he’s a decent bloke and told me about it, he could have just sold it really, everything was agreed.
          He said himself he’s a perfectionist and not happy selling the van when it’s not running right, I think it’s that mixed in with a bit of him wanting to keep it because he’s spent a few hundred on sensors and shit fault finding.

I’m not in a massive rush so think I’ll just take a break from actively looking.

Comment

• Just buy it - an injector is an easy fix & inexpensive.

Comment

• Yep, call his bluff and offer to buy it. If he wont find another they are out there.

Comment

• I did offer to buy it, offered him £200 less and then even offered him the same amount we agreed on and he said no he wanted to sort it.

Comment

• I kind of had the same problem when I was looking at T4’s , I found a van that ticked all the boxes for me , but I think his wife had other ideas about selling it and I could never get any sense out of her or get hold of him , it was a beaut too.

I’d gave up looking at vans but then one came up for sale locally and I just said fek it and bought it .

Comment

• So I couldn’t go for that t4 I’d set my heart on, all five injectors had been changed but the idle was still hunting, it may have just needed timing or a remap or whatever else but I didn’t fancy the wormhole. Then Bowen sent me a link to van as I was feeling fed up of t4 searching.
                    But the timing couldn’t have been better!

Comment

• Picked this up earlier this evening

Last edited by Morgs; 18 July 2019, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Very niiiiiiiice

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Very Nice Twin There, the wait was well worth it 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-easeJust T4s

Comment

• Welcome aboard properly.
                              What a beaut!
                              Love that colour....
                              Great pics too. Well done.

Comment

• Lovely looking bus well done [emoji106]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X