No announcement yet.

Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again everyone I’m biting the bullet tomorrow and then the fun will start! I’ll be using it as our only family vehicle (I use a motor bike for commuting) so what are they like on fuel please? Going to get it serviced cam belt etc etc ASAP anything else I should consider? Should I get the whole underside wax oiled or sealed? I also want to take out the passenger seat and put in a twin one - will one from a t5 fit? Thanks again

Comment

Not sure if a twin t5 seat will fit. You should be able to get a fair swap for a proper t4 seat. Try not to rush into anything mind, and you can always pop on here for any 2nd, 3rd... opinions

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s

Comment

I use our 1.9td as my daily drive and its better on fuel than a car. Not sure about the T5 double but there are plenty of T4 doubles about. Try Fleabay or put up a wanted on here, someone may want to swap. I have swapped two on here as I have a bit of a revolving policy when it comes to seats.

Comment

I’ve bought it just trying to figure out how to post a pic!

Comment

I think you could be using taptalk. The Just T4s app is the easiest way to upload pics. I just tried to upload pics that show you what to do. Error message came up and mentioned taptalk ??

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Bazman View Post

Thanks snow

Comment

Looks nice mate, bet your well chuffed

Comment

I am first query if I may? When I went to start it this morning I got a click only it took several attempts each time waiting for the glow plugs to go it but eventually fired up. I started it again at lunchtime no problem but when I left work I got the click again and it took several attempts before it fired up again. Is this likely to be the starter please? Not much experience with diesels and the ones I have had have not been great. Also there is what looks like a choke to the right of the steering wheel can anyone tell me what it is please? Cheers everyone!

Comment

That's the cold start I think pull it out and it should fire straight up first time then I normally push it back in after a minute or two

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bazman View Post
                        I am first query if I may? When I went to start it this morning I got a click only it took several attempts each time waiting for the glow plugs to go it but eventually fired up. I started it again at lunchtime no problem but when I left work I got the click again and it took several attempts before it fired up again. Is this likely to be the starter please? Not much experience with diesels and the ones I have had have not been great. Also there is what looks like a choke to the right of the steering wheel can anyone tell me what it is please? Cheers everyone!

I've had similar issues in the past, it will either be your starter or battery, I would disconnect the battery, negative first, check the terminals on the battery for any dirt/residue, clean if necessary, reconnect battery reverse order, positive first and the most important bit, make sure the terminals are done up as tight as you can! it may solve your issue, it did for me after many times scratching my head, if you still have the problem then hit (not too hard) the starter motor with a hammer a few times, if the hammer works then you need a new starter, keep the hammer in the van till you've got a new starter, I would definitely try the battery first as if the terminals are not tight enough it can make your vans electrics do funny things
                        Last edited by Big al; 29 May 2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate the help look forward to seeing you all out there!

Comment

You have voltage drop though the wiring to the starter. To remove the symptoms wire the starter pulse wire from the ignition(small wire on the starter) though a 4 pin relay. That way you are dumping full battery voltage to the starter and cutting out any resistance in wiring from ignition switch to starter.Volvo 440's were terrible for it.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              You have voltage drop though the wiring to the starter. To remove the symptoms wire the starter pulse wire from the ignition(small wire on the starter) though a 4 pin relay. That way you are dumping full battery voltage to the starter and cutting out any resistance in wiring from ignition switch to starter.Volvo 440's were terrible for it.
                              God that sounds difficult is there a how to with pics anywhere please? Appreciate the help thank you

Comment

I did pop the diagram up a bit back. Will dig it out again and put on.

Comment

Working...
                                X