hi to all the guys who wave and to those who dont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi to all the guys who wave and to those who dont

hi folks..bought a vwt4 2.5tdi 800 special..called her talullah..love her to bits.....went to camper mart this year and wow....have put 2 windows in the sides and done the sides and floor in skinz sound proofing..just looking at panels to buy from plyworks as the floor in bought was good stuff..have bought new led lights for the front but cant get the panel off..does anyone know where I can buy the plastic tool or would someome give me the part number on the tool in the jack kit so I could goggle or flea bay iy..many thanks a hopeing for some good replies..cheers:

Welcome mate, throw some pics up so we can all see your progress, do love a build thread [emoji1690]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome, there is an old saying though
      Pics or it didn't happen [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome, I made a tool to hook into the gap between the panel and wing to pull panel out of clips with an old coat hanger, I never leave home without it.Using a flat blade screw driver you'll just ripple both panels.

Comment

Locking pliers with an Allen key in them

Comment

You cannibal Greeney. For the trainspotter Hazet do a tool for it. I will one day get one. The curled hook from a hook and pick set would also do.

Comment

I was just trying to find the pic I have of that very same tool... [emoji41]
              Originally posted by S49 View Post
              You cannibal Greeney. For the trainspotter Hazet do a tool for it. I will one day get one. The curled hook from a hook and pick set would also do.
              https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F254076524504

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
              '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Just looked at your link AV, have seen a different for sale a few months back perhaps the one I saw a genuine Vdub one.

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                  Locking pliers with an Allen key in them

That’s the same method I use

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Absolutely!!.

And I ain't paying £40 for the privilege of a tool that does 1 thing it would have to be a leatherman type thing for that money

Comment

Make one from a tupperware style plastic lid or plastic dish.

[emoji44] £40 ..... mad! Absolutely mad!!
                      Last edited by Activ8; 26 May 2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I've only got one cause it was gifted... Would not pay £40 neither - hex key and some mole grips! [emoji106]

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
                        '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

I cant really comment on the price of tools having so much Snap On. Lost my trim removal tool at the scrappy and was quoted 45 plus vat to replace. I'm too old now for all that hence my love now of Aldi stuff and a good trawl round the boot sales for vintage Snap On,Britool and Proto spanners and sockets.

Comment

My tools are of decent quality. But you use them over and over on other things. The grill remover is a little specific and basic to be that money?
                            I cant really comment on the price of tools having so much Snap On. Lost my trim removal tool at the scrappy and was quoted 45 plus vat to replace. I'm too old now for all that hence my love now of Aldi stuff and a good trawl round the boot sales for vintage Snap On,Britool and Proto spanners and sockets.

Comment

Working...
                            X