Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New first time camper owner [emoji846]

Hi everyone

Me and my hubby have just bought an amazing T4 Caravelle in Jamaica Blue, so excited to get out and use it!

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a cover for it to protect from elements. We'll be keeping it at the back of our house under a big tree and I don't want it getting covered in bird poo [emoji90][emoji211]

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Sent from my COL-L29 using Just T4s

Hello and welcome,
    Personally I wouldn't cover it. Covers (even expensive ones) have their own issues, like mildew and scratches.
    Regular cleaning and polishing will protect well enough.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Hi and welcome. Interesting colour. Pics?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Welcome

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

You wouldn't want all that green stuff off the tree on it either.

Comment

Welcome .

Comment

Welcome aboard. Could you put up a temporary structure perhaps? Some arborism above the van might help too.

Comment

Here's some pics of the inside, it's still with the seller atm as hes got a few bits to finish on the engine and he's putting a rail in and making a detachable table to match the cupboards.

Thanks for the advice on the cover, we'll have a think about what to do, just a bit worried about damaging the paint as it's really good condition for its age.

Theres a bit of rusting around the windscreen but nothing major.

Comment

That's a good idea [emoji106]
                    Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Welcome aboard. Could you put up a temporary structure perhaps? Some arborism above the van might help too.

Comment

Yeah that's what i was thinking, it's a willow tree so it makes a lot of mess.
                      Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      You wouldn't want all that green stuff off the tree on it either.

Comment

Thanks for advice, it should only be temporary for a year or so until we move to somewhere with a drive.
                        Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                        Hello and welcome,
                        Personally I wouldn't cover it. Covers (even expensive ones) have their own issues, like mildew and scratches.
                        Regular cleaning and polishing will protect well enough.

Comment

Looks really nice

Comment

Just been looking though Practical Classics and Machine Mart do a Clarke car garage which is basically a tent for 275 the picture shows a Jag in it and I reckon a t4 would fit. Ideal spray booth for Reg to I think.

Comment

Originally posted by candyvw View Post
                              Here's some pics of the inside, it's still with the seller atm as hes got a few bits to finish on the engine and he's putting a rail in and making a detachable table to match the cupboards.

Thanks for the advice on the cover, we'll have a think about what to do, just a bit worried about damaging the paint as it's really good condition for its age.

Theres a bit of rusting around the windscreen but nothing major.

Looks lovely, enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X