Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front brake disc splash guard

Hi all
    Could someone please help l need to change my offside front splash guard and was wounderig what I need to remove to get to the small fixing screws?.
    I assume its caliper,disc,then should be able to see the fixings or is there a short cut?
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Wayne

Not unless you can get a spanner down behind the disc. They are usually a bit rusty and you'll end up hammering a socket onto them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne1963 View Post
      Hi all
      Could someone please help l need to change my offside front splash guard and was wounderig what I need to remove to get to the small fixing screws?.
      I assume its caliper,disc,then should be able to see the fixings or is there a short cut?
      Looking forward to hearing from you.
      Wayne
      It should only take you 10-15 mins to get it stripped off. I don't think you can remove the guard with caliper and disc fitted anyway.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Comment

3 x M6x10 bolts holds the plate.
        Plan to replace these.
        They'll be thoroughly rusted but can be removed with just the wheel removed, albeit it's tight.
        Spray & soak with Plusgas 2/3 times, try a longreach ring spanner otherwise chisel the head to break the rust bond, a single sharp tap normally frees them off.

Comment

Just did my rear ones. Same principle applies. You’ll need to remove the caliper first.

Mine were totally rust.

I tried sockets, spammers...didn’t work.

In the end it was mole grips as tight as I could get them on, plus loads of plus gas and heat.

You need m6x10 screws. I got new ones.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X