• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon the t4

my build thread for my pea green t4
    Day I picked it up

That arch gap [emoji2960]

Then after a days ownership it was time to get lower

Some cheap lowering springs from a mate fitted and torsion bar adjusted to suit

Next I changed the headlights as wasn’t a fan of the aftermarket black ones

Then it was time to start on the inside
    The rear floor walls and ceiling cleaned and soundproofed with silentcoat and insulated with dial recycled plastic and covered with grey 4way stretch carpet

Next up was what to do with the floor and decided to go a bit retro with some lino flooring

On the roof decided to go with grey check material and some led spot lights

I then Managed to get hold of a cheap set of units and 3/4 rock and roll bed

Units were a bit dark for my liking so stripped back and paint cream before fitting into van

Whilst fitting the units I also fitted a numax leisure battery and split charge system

By this point the urge to change the outside looks got the better of me so I cleaned and tweaked the side exit exhaust

I also change the wheels for some chrome Audi 17” wheels and tyres

Retro wooden steering wheel fitted

Then the itch for more lows came so a set of 4”Faulkner’s and shorten shocks were team up with Shane Phillips (scarefacelowriders) front shocker mounts

I also fitted some standard 15”steel wheels for winter
    I then decided at Christmas The 3/4 bed and units didn’t suit my needs so I sold them on and took on the winter project of new rear living space

I went with a u shape seating area with table in middle and cupboard behind drivers seat to house the cool box
    And a 12v tv fitted

Whilst this was in full swing I stumbled across some cheap caravalle bumpers so I snapped them up and sent them away go paint

Whilst changing bumpers I decided to go with a badgeless front grill which got the gloss black treatment before Fitting

I then decided I wanted to fit some retro chrome mirrors from a t2
    So I set about chopping my old mirrors lots of filling and sanding

And then before refitting the Audi wheels decided to get some 20mm spacers which meant a little bit of arch rolling on the rear for fitment

Having had a sub fitted under the rock and roll bed previously after the re make was scratching my head for somewhere to fit thankfully my wife only has little legs

I made some old beatle winders fit

And that takes us to pretty much how he sits now still lots more planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by PEA-ON-A-ADVENTURE View Post
    my build thread for my pea green t4
    Day I picked it up

That arch gap [emoji2960]

Then after a days ownership it was time to get lower

Some cheap lowering springs from a mate fitted and torsion bar adjusted to suit

Next I changed the headlights as wasn’t a fan of the aftermarket black ones

Then it was time to start on the inside
    The rear floor walls and ceiling cleaned and soundproofed with silentcoat and insulated with dial recycled plastic and covered with grey 4way stretch carpet

Next up was what to do with the floor and decided to go a bit retro with some lino flooring

On the roof decided to go with grey check material and some led spot lights

I then Managed to get hold of a cheap set of units and 3/4 rock and roll bed

Units were a bit dark for my liking so stripped back and paint cream before fitting into van

Whilst fitting the units I also fitted a numax leisure battery and split charge system

By this point the urge to change the outside looks got the better of me so I cleaned and tweaked the side exit exhaust

I also change the wheels for some chrome Audi 17” wheels and tyres

Retro wooden steering wheel fitted

Then the itch for more lows came so a set of 4”Faulkner’s and shorten shocks were team up with Shane Phillips (scarefacelowriders) front shocker mounts

I also fitted some standard 15”steel wheels for winter
    I then decided at Christmas The 3/4 bed and units didn’t suit my needs so I sold them on and took on the winter project of new rear living space

I went with a u shape seating area with table in middle and cupboard behind drivers seat to house the cool box
    And a 12v tv fitted

Whilst this was in full swing I stumbled across some cheap caravalle bumpers so I snapped them up and sent them away go paint

Whilst changing bumpers I decided to go with a badgeless front grill which got the gloss black treatment before Fitting

I then decided I wanted to fit some retro chrome mirrors from a t2
    So I set about chopping my old mirrors lots of filling and sanding

And then before refitting the Audi wheels decided to get some 20mm spacers which meant a little bit of arch rolling on the rear for fitment

Having had a sub fitted under the rock and roll bed previously after the re make was scratching my head for somewhere to fit thankfully my wife only has little legs

I made some old beatle winders fit

And that takes us to pretty much how he sits now still lots more planned

Love it mate some great work and the van looks super tidy really really like the colour [emoji106]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolutely brilliant. Love it Pea.

Great pics and details. I especially love how you did the new interior.

Nice 1.

Frenchy.

Comment

Brilliant, so much to take-on-board I'm going to reread! Thanks v much for posting.

Comment

And theres another build thread that's overtaken ours. Are you in the trade to? Like the Snap On box.

Comment

I like that, it’s decent. Can see it’s had a lot of effort put into it

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s

Comment

What a fantastic job you have done. Have you got any more photos of them wing mirrors?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Impressive. Lots of good work

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Stunning van.

Comment

A nice clean straight looking van , just how I like them

Comment

Nice work! Looks brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Well done

Come rain or shine I'm out in mine!!

Sent from my Nokia 5.1 using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

How did you get on with the arch rolling Pea?There’s been a few questions regarding this lately so would be nice to hear your opinion on it.Easy,or a pain?

Comment

That’s a great build thread Dan, you have done an amazing job! Did feel awful watching it bounce in those pot holes!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            My T4 Ruby....She squeaks and rattles but I wouldn't change her for the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                              How did you get on with the arch rolling Pea?There’s been a few questions regarding this lately so would be nice to hear your opinion on it.Easy,or a pain?
                              I used it as more of a arch folder rather then roller
                              I pushed the flat of the arch up and then folded it back on itself using plenty of heat and it worked a treat

Comment

Working...
                              X