Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    99Caravelle's Avatar Virgin
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    1999 Caravelle headliner

    I purchased a Caravelle headliner with the blower section but thereís nothing to secure it to the roof in the middle, Iíve got the clips on the sides front to back. Any help would be appreciated


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  2. #2
    Activ8's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    10,414
    Thanks
    3,914
    Thanked 3,369 Times in 2,664 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Caravelle View Post
    I purchased a Caravelle headliner with the blower section but thereís nothing to secure it to the roof in the middle, Iíve got the clips on the sides front to back. Any help would be appreciated


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    You don't actually need them to secure the roof, the sides will support it sufficiently plus its a bugger to locate them , you'll need 2/3 helpers....There are a couple of types of fitting. One type uses a system similar to the transporter roof panel joiners - Are the mounting slides still attached to the roof you bought? Post a pic.

    You can reuse the transporter clips x3 iirc, the other system uses a unique to the roof clip (got a picture somewhere). Try Cali Campers but expect to get fleeced unless you're buying the panel too!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Activ8 For This Useful Post:

    99Caravelle (14th July 2019)

  4. #3
    99Caravelle's Avatar Virgin
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Activ8 View Post
    You don't actually need them to secure the roof, the sides will support it sufficiently plus its a bugger to locate them , you'll need 2/3 helpers....There are a couple of types of fitting. One type uses a system similar to the transporter roof panel joiners - Are the mounting slides still attached to the roof you bought? Post a pic.

    You can reuse the transporter clips x3 iirc, the other system uses a unique to the roof clip (got a picture somewhere). Try Cali Campers but expect to get fleeced unless you're buying the panel too!
    Cheers mate, I canít seem to find any sort of clips that would fit any where. I was thinking of just putting a couple of spot of no more nails or something similar


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  5. #4
    Hans's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,595
    Thanks
    802
    Thanked 735 Times in 520 Posts
    Be careful with sticks like s..t
    It will stick, but permanent. The original clip is a black v-shape clip who slides in the little white channel. To undo u slide the headline 20mm forward.
    To fix their just clip in easily. Only six clips holding it up. They are some on ebay.com. and ebay.Deutschland

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hans For This Useful Post:

    99Caravelle (14th July 2019)

  7. #5
    99Caravelle's Avatar Virgin
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Be careful with sticks like s..t
    It will stick, but permanent. The original clip is a black v-shape clip who slides in the little white channel. To undo u slide the headline 20mm forward.
    To fix their just clip in easily. Only six clips holding it up. They are some on ebay.com. and ebay.Deutschland

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
    Do you have a link?
    Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  8. #6
    Activ8's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    10,414
    Thanks
    3,914
    Thanked 3,369 Times in 2,664 Posts

    Think this is the right part.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Activ8 For This Useful Post:

    99Caravelle (14th July 2019),arfur fox-acre (14th July 2019)

  10. #7
    99Caravelle's Avatar Virgin
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Where on earth do I find them? With out buying a whole new roof


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  11. #8
    Activ8's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    10,414
    Thanks
    3,914
    Thanked 3,369 Times in 2,664 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by 99Caravelle View Post
    Where on earth do I find them? With out buying a whole new roof


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    The pictures show the roof mounting bracket and clip. Bracket part number 705 868 561 x 6 (yours maybe attached still?), clips are 705 868 563 x 2 , 705 868 563A x 2 & 705 868 564 x 2 are required. Clips are common from 1991 to 2004 for the moulded headliner. Hope that helps?

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_o...68564&_sacat=0
    Last edited by Activ8; 15th July 2019 at 10:57 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •