• leisure battery fitting

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	272772

Hi
    new to T4s and the forum so bear with me
    I am doing a camper conversion on a swb t4 2001 and bought a split charging system and battery from travelvolts
    managed to get the battery under the seat eventually but cannot work out how to secure the battery down with the clamp supplied
    any help gratefully received cheers

Surly you've got that battery on its side.

Comment

Sorry, hello and welcome

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
        Surly you've got that battery on its side.
        yes they are fitted on their side to get it under the seat sealed gel battery

Comment

Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries are dry-cell, with the battery acid being encapsulated in fibreglass sheets. In comparison to flooded batteries, AGMs offer increased levels of reliability and versatility – with no free acid, they can be mounted in any orientation and are better able to handle vibration

Comment

Cheers, ever days a school day.

Comment

Yes , but if u look in to it u shorten the life time and get only 80% off capacity, check it out

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

I’d put the leisure battery under the bonnet that’s where I have mine , I did think of putting it under the driver seat but decided against it .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                  I’d put the leisure battery under the bonnet that’s where I have mine , I did think of putting it under the driver seat but decided against it .
                  am thinking I should have gone that route got the complete kit from travelvolts but just cant work out how to fit the clamp without fouling the sliding seat

Comment

Working...
                  X