Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect brake judder then.

Comment

If the steering is wayward then it could also be a track rod on top of the disk

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Wayward steering, wobble through steering wheel, droning noise.... Check your tyres, out of shape/delamination of tread will cause wheel wobble, poor steering and excessive road noise.
        Keep it simple - basic checks first, then work your way to the nitty gritty.
        Of course, the judder/steering and noise may not be related.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
        '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

thanks all. Good to see im going in the right direction.

Comment

Well. Didnt manage to get the van on the drive until this evening.

At the point I attached my wheel wrench to the first nut the problem may have presented it self and within 30 seconds all may be fixed.

Now, not to ridicule myself so quickly on this forum. I shall take a time out to consider if Im actually sane and competent enough to work on any type of vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by tuckerJ View Post
              Well. Didnt manage to get the van on the drive until this evening.

At the point I attached my wheel wrench to the first nut the problem may have presented it self and within 30 seconds all may be fixed.

Now, not to ridicule myself so quickly on this forum. I shall take a time out to consider if Im actually sane and competent enough to work on any type of vehicle.
              Don't beat yourself up mate, I've seen 'master techs' do the same thing... 🤫

Take the wheel off completely, and make sure the bolt holes haven't ovalised from being bashed about. Also check the bolts for damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure Van View Post
                Don't beat yourself up mate, I've seen 'master techs' do the same thing... 🤫

Take the wheel off completely, and make sure the bolt holes haven't ovalised from being bashed about. Also check the bolts for damage.

I would do this I’m sure, I don’t even know if I need new bolts to fit my 15” steelies or if the bolts I have will do the job [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLeach View Post
                  I would do this I’m sure, I don’t even know if I need new bolts to fit my 15” steelies or if the bolts I have will do the job [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                  Post up some pics and the collective will help you! [emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                  X