Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best suspension height

Hi I am new to t4s
    I was wondering what the best height to lower my van. Is it? 60 millimeters or 50 millimetres. Any thoughts.
    Regards
    Wayne

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1074.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	266935 Ours is dropped 50mm. Tempted to go to 60mm but our rural roads in the Shire aren't great.

Comment

Same here mines 50mm but would love to go lower just can't afford it at the mo all tho I do have 60mm springs so might just put them on for the time being at some point

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji106]

Comment

very similar looking to our as yet unfinished blue one.Which we have 60mm springs to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            very similar looking to our as yet unfinished blue one.Which we have 60mm springs to go on.
            Yeah ile put mine on one day [emoji23] just to see if there's much difference I also think I'm guna take the silver 16 vitos off and put my black t4 15 wheels on think it mite look better
            I like the look of ur white one with the two colours bit different [emoji106]

Comment

I like it. its a bit 10 yard. Did the roof with a roller and the grey front was a bolt on paint job with parts I harvested from a van in our local scrappy.

Comment

I like it. its a bit 10 yard. Did the roof with a roller and the grey front was a bolt on paint job with parts I harvested from a van in our local scrappy.
                All good what paint did u use for the roller job cuz my roof could do with doing

Comment

Rustolem but make sure you thin it. I didn't and it took 3 weeks to dry. Another winter and the scabs round the screen would have been holes.Also had the screen out and did the scuttle and pillars to.
                  Last edited by S49; 22 April 2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Hello and welcome, mine isn't set low on the back but is a little dropped on the front (no idea how much as it was done when I got her and I haven't measured...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

I would say mine is limit of practical.110mm lower,,but depends how much work you want to do.I’ve used the infamous sausage front mount,shortened drop links.experimented with numerous bumpstop lengths as my front tyres were hitting the inner wheel tub tops,Beaton the tubs for clearance shorter shocks all round. Rear bumpstop tubes cut rewelded.5 inch Faulkner springs.I think that’s it.This height keeps the gearbox mount safe,but it takes a few bangs on the road to find the right height.could go a lot lower with narrower profile tyres but don’t fancy obliterating my gearbox.Click image for larger version

Name:	23057858-AFC5-4F8C-BC7D-2BE8097A2F19.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	266939

Comment

There's a few of these Dave Sausages U boats getting about now.

Comment

There's a few of these Dave Sausages U boats getting about now.
                          Shane got another mention in a Vw mag this month we’ve two celebs on here now , Reg and Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                            Hello and welcome, mine isn't set low on the back but is a little dropped on the front (no idea how much as it was done when I got her and I haven't measured...

Looks nice on those dished rims Greeny. The grey works too.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              Looks nice on those dished rims Greeny. The grey works too.
                              Not much of a dish but yea I like the look she has. Wanted black but these are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X