No announcement yet.

Operation Daily Driver / Adventure Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s a pic from the first day I had it on the road, we went all the way to Asda. Exciting times.

Comment

What’s your location? I got two side windows you can have, for free. They’re not openers though. Im in Devon.

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s

Comment

Good luck with your build, I bought not built but am adding and seeing things I need to change. With twin Boys at 3 years old it has already proved a big hit. Money is tight for me but I wait till the bargains come up. Happy Threading 🤙🏽🤙🏽[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Iamgrh View Post
          Here’s a pic from the first day I had it on the road, we went all the way to Asda. Exciting times.
          You've left your lights on (or your indicators, careful with those...caught me out before now.)
          Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowrider View Post
            What’s your location? I got two side windows you can have, for free. They’re not openers though. Im in Devon.

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s
            Thanks for the offer but unfortunately I’m a million miles away in the Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
              You've left your lights on (or your indicators, careful with those...caught me out before now.)
              My last few cars have had auto lights so they pretty much ruined me, I kept forgetting to turn the lights off on the van [emoji23]

Comment

Small update, changed the old battered gear knob for a super cool awesome 8 ball. It has definitely added power because I started up the van and it grew a new turbo.
                Old

New

The gaiter is left looking a bit messy with the gap now, I might decorate it somehow, maybe get some material and fashion a new gaiter.

Comment

Just after posting that update I had a thought...

I hacked up the old gear knob to use the centre part to fill the gap as it attaches to the gaiter with the lip. I just need to cut it to size.

I measured the gap between the gaiter and the gear knob.

Then chopped the right piece off.

I left a bit of thread on it so it could stay secure on the gearstick and add I little bit of extra height.

The more I screwed the 8 ball on and off, the more the internal thread started to deteriorate, So I had to be careful with it.
                  All in all it looks a load better without that gap.
                  Last edited by Iamgrh; 1 May 2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

That's a great idea! Job for the weekend sorted

Comment

Small job done, cleaned up the hubcaps because they were looking a bit tatty.

I rubbed them down a bit to get rid of most of the grey runs/ marks/ stains and got some boot polish to black them up a bit, they’re not perfect but they look a lot neater now. The only downside is the wheels look even worse now, I’ll give them a quick dust with a rattle can when I get the chance. The wheels will be changed eventually so I don’t mind them not having a superb paint job for now.

I also took off the bonnet bra and it’s changed the van completely!

Comment

Bank holiday Monday and I spent the day blasting the rust off the sills, only a small bit of welding required, that’s a job for another time.

Rust blasted and treated today with rust bullet and then a provisional dust with primer for now. At the end of the week I should be going back to do a bit of filling and rubbing down ready for painting. I’m thinking of doing a roller job because I’m a rough and ready kind of guy. NATO green perhaps?

I attempted to wind the front torsion bars down but the nut was fairly seized, I gave them a soak in wd40 ready for the next attempt.
                        Slowly but surely the van is coming together.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamgrh View Post
                          Bank holiday Monday and I spent the day blasting the rust off the sills, only a small bit of welding required, that’s a job for another time.

Rust blasted and treated today with rust bullet and then a provisional dust with primer for now. At the end of the week I should be going back to do a bit of filling and rubbing down ready for painting. I’m thinking of doing a roller job because I’m a rough and ready kind of guy. NATO green perhaps?

I attempted to wind the front torsion bars down but the nut was fairly seized, I gave them a soak in wd40 ready for the next attempt.
                          Slowly but surely the van is coming together.
                          Looking good mate and nato green would look awesome

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by damont4 View Post
                            Looking good mate and nato green would look awesome

No RavenBlau [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLeach View Post
                              No RavenBlau [emoji23]

Haha I have seen one nato green one a few months back looked spot on Abit different

Comment

Olive drab is easy to spray so go for it. Vans look cool like that. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1436.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	267101

Comment

Working...
                                X