No announcement yet.

Dad & Son camper conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this thread includes a Reg deletion /redaction of a post - #30..... must of been loaded with dry humour, sharp wit or something more sinister?.... gets you thinking about "What did Reg post?"

Comment

Start a thread and ask him.
      Must have been very bad to remove it.
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
        Start a thread and ask him.
        Must have been very bad to remove it.
        Could do - Title: "Reg's Redactions"?

Comment

Progress update:

Following an early morning meet up with Si for a seat swap I got them fitted yesterday afternoon and decided to take the bus for a ride out while the sun was shining.

Today was all about electrics and furniture. Split charge system and leisure battery in, wired up and tested and the units are built ready for my mate( the joiner who laminated the MDF cupboards) to come and scribe them in for me so I can fit them to the van.

Plan is to make a decision on the rock n roll bed this weekend and get it ordered. [emoji16]

Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Thank's for sharing [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

That's what our van needs now, a bottle rack.

Comment

What a cracking job, keep up the good work. [emoji106]
                Last edited by Activ8; 20 April 2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Looks brilliant, enough to make a man jealous

Comment

Dodgy seat supplier mind.

Comment

Looks lovely and I have to say, Posh 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

Comment

Looks lovely, very nice job in such a short space of time.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Just T4s
                        http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

Not posted for a few days but work hasn’t stopped!

Units have been scribed and fitted and to say I’m delighted with how they’ve turned out would be an understatement.

240 volt system finished and tested ok and had the opportunity to give the van a run out this evening for 30 or so miles.

The difference the sound deadening and insulation has made to road noise ( coupled with new tyres as the old ones were over 5 years old) is night and day. She cruised happily at 65/70 mph and the leisure battery charged nicely via the split charge system which was good news.

Next job is how to finish the cab carpet against the vinyl in the rear. The angled edges of the cab floor have been given me sleepless nights in how to get a nice edged finish!!
                          Think I’ve sussed it though and I’ll post on here when it’s done.

Apart from that I need to add a couple of 12 volt sockets to feed the awning for the cool box and air bed pump etc.
                          Just need the rock n roll to arrive now.

Thanks for looking

Comment

That looks great and your floor looks the same as mine [emoji106]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of little fiddly jobs done this last week. Auxiliary USB and power sockets for cool box and air bed inflator etc fitted and wired to switches.
                              Rear speakers fitted and wired and the gas pipes for the cooker are in.
                              I’ve decided to go quick release on the gas fittings so I can-have the cooker either in the van or outside with an additional pipe and regulator.

I’ve also reset the pump timing. I spent a lot of my apprentice years working on the 5 cylinder engines and I’ve always felt mine sounded a bit to noisy when cold and light throttle.
                              A little tweak on the pump belt and it sounds much better and feels a bit more responsive.

A run out today though to collect a camping trailer has shown the rear N/S brake to be binding a bit so a strip down is on the cards one night this week!

(Pictures aren’t loading at the minute so I’ll update later)

Comment

Glad its all coming together Steve.

Comment

Working...
                                X