X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 888_special View Post
    Here's a photo. Managed to get one this morning [ATTACH]11327[/ATTACH]

Sent from my E6633 using Just T4s
    There you go mate.If you compare to my photo.There is no gap at your bumpstop,so there’s no way it’s Gona move upwards.The easiest thing to do is jack it up wheel off and you can get a junior hacksaw in there and just cut across the bumpstop.This is trial and error start with 20mm taken off the bottom give or take.Then go for a drive.See if it still bangs.If so then may need a bit more.It may drop the suspension down even more as it’s just been lowered until it’s sat on the bumpstop and won’t go any further,so the suspension may need raising a bit,but baby steps at first and see if you like it that height.The lower you go,the more work is involved though so keep this in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
      There you go mate.If you compare to my photo.There is no gap at your bumpstop,so there’s no way it’s Gona move upwards.The easiest thing to do is jack it up wheel off and you can get a junior hacksaw in there and just cut across the bumpstop.This is trial and error start with 20mm taken off the bottom give or take.Then go for a drive.See if it still bangs.If so then may need a bit more.It may drop the suspension down even more as it’s just been lowered until it’s sat on the bumpstop and won’t go any further,so the suspension may need raising a bit,but baby steps at first and see if you like it that height.The lower you go,the more work is involved though so keep this in mind.
      Thanks for all the advice. I'll start with that and when I'm ready to replace the rear I'll look at bringing the front up a bit. Better get saving [emoji16]
      Cheers

Comment

One last thing.if you look at your photo of the bumpstop mount.Theres a metal lip,obviously don’t cut as high up as that.always leave a bit of the bumpstop so it’s lower and prevents the swing arm hitting the metal lip

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
          One last thing.if you look at your photo of the bumpstop mount.Theres a metal lip,obviously don’t cut as high up as that.always leave a bit of the bumpstop so it’s lower and prevents the swing arm hitting the metal lip
          You were bang on (excuse the pun) Eagles02 those two pics comparing clearly show that restricting clearance or lack of it. Top fella... keep us post as the solution develops. [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            You were bang on (excuse the pun) Eagles02 those two pics comparing clearly show that restricting clearance or lack of it. Top fella... keep us post as the solution develops. [emoji106]
            [emoji23] Not excusing that! [emoji23]

Really keen to get out there & check my bumps now.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Tinc View Post
              [emoji23] Not excusing that! [emoji23]

Really keen to get out there & check my bumps now.

Get the Mrs to check them Tinc then test the suspension properly?

Comment

Haha! Now that's a plan.

Off to persuade the good lady.....wish me luck!

Comment

If the vans ah rocking don’t come knocking

Comment

Overlooked the axle stands keeping Gracie off the ground.
                    Got a bad back now [emoji7]

Comment

Hi mate. Those spacers you mention that sit at the top of the spring. What's the actual name I'm looking for when looking to buy some? Are they just shims?
                      Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      I agree with Roy, might it be cheapest for the time being to get it on a level surface and firstly measure the ride height and make some adjustments?
                      Not disagreeing with other advice but your ride is probably different to my townie drive, we're all in different locations and use our vans in different ways with different loads.
                      Find your ride height for the road and conditions you drive.
                      Adjust the front torsion bars with a 27mm spanner , there plenty of advice about how to do it here and elsewhere.
                      If you need to adjust the rears a little, check your rear springs are they fitted with the rubber spacers/underlay top and bottom of the springs, those could give you 5-10mm.

Comment

Originally posted by 888_special View Post
                        Hi mate. Those spacers you mention that sit at the top of the spring. What's the actual name I'm looking for when looking to buy some? Are they just shims?

Spring pad plates or spring plates.

If you need VW originals Ill look up the part numbers for you, just holla...

Comment

Working...
                        X