X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
    Vely well built, vely leriable [emoji23][emoji23]🤣

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon
    The Polo is still going but sadly Burt not... he's blown bled.

Spotted a Mini Metro driving by on the ring road this AM - had to double take...

Comment

Didn't reg reprogram his keys?

Yep.

Bought a couple of blanks from ebay for about a fiver - got them cut to the lock then programmed them - posted the method up on here - search for 'adaptions'

Then I could get rid of the chip that was taped to my transponder barrel.

Pics of the beetle?

I quite like them - especially the RS. They can handle well

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

That's nice. I rarely look online for cars or vans etc .... but I did last night and I was genuinely shocked at the pricing - you can buy so much for your money these days. Diesels have plummeted - a mid-engined v10 tdi conversion is almost viable with a lot of donor choice.

Comment

I feel a project coming on......

Comment

I feel a project coming on......

I doubt with diesel Roy, an electric conversion is the way forward... battery technology is making huge leaps. A friend of the Mrs is head of RR E-Fan X Project. Our vans are ideal for a full conversion or a hybrid system downsizing the diesel engine to say a 1.6tdi! [emoji44]

Comment

Electric isn't the way forward. No way of disposing of spent traction batteries, they remain very explosive if not treated with respect. We've got hybrids that are being converted back to conventional diesel buses due to the cost of replacing the battery pack. (£40000+). Also the scarcity of the ores used to produce them. Hydrogen fuel cells are the way to go

Comment

Electric isn't the way forward. No way of disposing of spent traction batteries, they remain very explosive if not treated with respect. We've got hybrids that are being converted back to conventional diesel buses due to the cost of replacing the battery pack. (£40000+). Also the scarcity of the ores used to produce them. Hydrogen fuel cells are the way to go

Doesn't that read more like poor financial planning & purchasing or a bad lease contract on the Bus Co's part Roy? & after how many miles 1000000 (?) or 4p a mile . They probably got some Government /Local Authority Grant, awarded up front to blind their common sense to go carbon neutral early and then failed to do the maths.

Comment

So, my wife’s much loved beetle lasted 4 weeks until some cock pulled out in front of her on a bend and they they had a corner to corner head on if that makes sense... the insurance company have scrapped it now so I have bought a new one for her which is the slightly more powerful 1.6. It’s using the BFS engine but it has a rough idle on it. I’ve put it has no lights up but it has chucked out a few codes, since clearing them they have come back. I’ve checked the egr which seemed clean, and the actuator tests show its working. I’m thinking it could be maf sensor. Has anyone had any luck just cleaning it? The car is 2008 but only has 41k on so I would imagine it must be a sensor issue or vac leak. I’ve sprayed some easy start about some vac pipes and it’s not shown anything.

Do any of you guys know much about this engine?

Comment

Sorry to hear this hope all are ok.

Comment

You can try cleaning the MAF sensor with brake and clutch cleaner , remove the sensor first , sorry to hear the beetle has been written off .

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                          So, my wife’s much loved beetle lasted 4 weeks until some cock pulled out in front of her on a bend and they they had a corner to corner head on if that makes sense... the insurance company have scrapped it now so I have bought a new one for her which is the slightly more powerful 1.6. It’s using the BFS engine but it has a rough idle on it. I’ve put it has no lights up but it has chucked out a few codes, since clearing them they have come back. I’ve checked the egr which seemed clean, and the actuator tests show its working. I’m thinking it could be maf sensor. Has anyone had any luck just cleaning it? The car is 2008 but only has 41k on so I would imagine it must be a sensor issue or vac leak. I’ve sprayed some easy start about some vac pipes and it’s not shown anything.

Do any of you guys know much about this engine?

Shame , nice looking car but hope all's well. What codes is it throwing out?

Comment

My daughter was fine but the wife is suffering! I’ll post the codes up soon [emoji1303]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                                My daughter was fine but the wife is suffering! I’ll post the codes up soon [emoji1303]

My Mrs would say the same without a car accident!

Comment

Working...
                                X