X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi .
    New to the forum
    From kent

Looking to purchase a t4 in the next few weeks . Looking at top end around the 3k mark
    Dont mund getting my hands dirty and will prob be constantly rolling around under the van fixing things but i like em
    So the mazda 6 is up for sale

Handy if could find one with side windows but being a roofer i have access to nibblers etc so option to fit my own .
    Not planning to make a full on camper . Rear seats posdible r and r bed with belts in the rear

Have spotted a few and some nice ones
    One dod jump out at me
    1.9 td . Looked quite tidy but listed as having a fault . Aparently cold start broke . An attempt to fix was done and now the van only runs with the cold start fully open ?

Another was a 2.5 tdi 88hp 2003 lots of history inc new mot recent turbo and new ball joints

Any help and advice along the way would be great

Thanks in advance

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rampage; 29 January 2019, 06:28 PM.

welcome aboard Dave.

The only advice I can offer is watch out for tommo1366 on here, he is a bit of a tricky customer.

Good look with the search.
    Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 29 January 2019, 06:29 PM.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Welcome Dave.If the history is up to date,I like the sound of the 2.5 tdi.Whatever way you go and whatever you want to do to your new found obsession,there’s plenty of advice on here.Good luck with the search.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the journey with us.

Its basic car buying initially , so believe nothing unless you're satisfied its proven.
        They're pretty basic machines and often uncomplicated by modern options but they're getting old and unless the current owner is a mechanic or handy you're looking for gremlins. The faults are well documented and almost all are fixable with parts and work arounds available. Go take a look and get a feel for the van and its secrets.

We're all happy to help out on here.
        Allow in your budget for some "new owner TLC" and after market changes.
        Know any owners locally that you can take with you - we don't bite and most are often overly helpful if you're joining the Corps!

Comment

Hi and welcome. Can't help with engine but t4 is definitely the right choice

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Got the 2.5tdi 102bhp! Its an amazing van!!!!
            Lwb too!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome. Keep us updated on what you buy, theres loads of help on here.

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                welcome aboard Dave.

The only advice I can offer is watch out for tommo1366 on here, he is a bit of a tricky customer.

Good look with the search.
                Wow..

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Welcome aboard!!! Loads for sale at the moment on various sites, I went for the 2.5 102 as I didn’t want to be overtaken by milk floats.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes

Looked so far at the 1.9td which i believe can be a simple few hp added

And the 2.5tdi but only after seing that i realised was the 88hp version not the 102 ? Prob a little less now though ?

Any one came across the problem where the cold start broke and after fixing van only runs with it fully out .?

Presuming the cold start is a choke

Plans are to line . Insulate and soundproof best i can . Add rear seats etc

Panels on the inside . Does any one supply templates . Just thunking ahead

Comment

Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                      Welcome aboard!!! Loads for sale at the moment on various sites, I went for the 2.5 102 as I didn’t want to be overtaken by milk floats.

Much difference in the 2.5 tdi at 88 hp and the 1.9td ? Hp wise ?

Comment

Plan also is to use the van in august when we return to cornwall for the 5th year in a row . Hopefully be able to go in a t4 . Have the rear door or doors open and enjoy a sunrise or sunset or 2

Comment

Not sure what your after but it appears kingk is selling his if you want a project and his in Essex. Worth a look on his thread. His thread is called New Member in Essex there pics of the van when he got it.
                          Last edited by S49; 29 January 2019, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                            Much difference in the 2.5 tdi at 88 hp and the 1.9td ? Hp wise ?

Yep...

1.9td is 68 bhp - that's when new, expect a few to have jumped the gate over the years.

Don't judge the 1.9 though, under powered yes, but it's a plodder - and is tweakable for improved performance.

Word on the cold start advance - if it needs it to run then the pump timing is off. You only need it in really cold weather, and only on initial start up.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
                            '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Not sure what your after but it appears kingk is selling his if you want a project and his in Essex. Worth a look on his thread. His thread is called New Member in Essex there pics of the van when he got it.
                              Cool will have a search thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X