No announcement yet.

Flash Gordon is alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just press the bottom right button a few times (think it's labelled display, or disp?). It will eventually get to battery voltage.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      if you disconnect the dim dip resistor you'll have side lights.
      I've done that Si! Big old resistor behind the drivers side headlight? Yellow cables? Didn't think mine would have one as its a 97, but it was there so I disconnected it. Is not having sidelights an mot fail?

Comment

Yes it's a fail for no sidelights

Sent from the Midlands by sleigh

Comment

Argh! Cheers. So why might my side lights now be defunct? They worked fine before, and I've disconnected the dim-dip resistor. Hmmm.

I'm thinking the side lights are on a different loom to the main lights? As far as I could tell, the new loom only switches dipped and full beam.

Comment

When we fitted our loom upgrade we found we had headlights on with the switch in the side light position with the ignition on, just sidelights with ign off. This was rectiftied with disconnecting the dim dip resister.So thinking your loom upgrade shouldn't have effected your side lights. Fuses,bulbs ok?

Comment

Just a thought, you haven't melted any wires along with the grinder handle causing a blown fuse. Its easily done. Don't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                Just a thought, you haven't melted any wires along with the grinder handle causing a blown fuse. Its easily done. Don't ask.
                Cheers Si. I haven't checked but I think I'm OK. I'm only welding at the back at the mo and I've taken all wiring looms off at that end, there's nothing there to melt at the mo

Someone on the Facebook said it could be that my sidelights didn't work before haha, that on the side light switch position it was just on "dim dip" mode, and not the actual side light bulbs. I'm going to check the bulbs tomorrow!

Comment

So I replaced both sidelight bulbs for £1.40 and all working fine now! Turns out my "sidelights" had just been the dim-dip the whole time haha.

Check the simple things first, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
                    So I replaced both sidelight bulbs for £1.40 and all working fine now! Turns out my "sidelights" had just been the dim-dip the whole time haha.

Check the simple things first, haha.

Easy fix. Sure it's a pass now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Always go for the simple things first.

Comment

Got off my arse to do some more work on the van this weekend. Really pleased with the results!

Finally got all of the grinding, welding and painting done on the rear section!

Here's the wheel arches welded and electroxed, ready for stone chip stuff.

Here is the cleaned up weld ready for the electrox.

Here's it all electroxed. Underneath as well, but I didn't get a pic before it got dark.

Here it is all cleaned up and ready to paint.

Then gave it a coat of Hammerite just to give the electrox a bit of protection and to match the whole section to the rest of the van.

You'd only know it was a new section welded on if you looked closely!

Then I started on the rear bumper crash bar thing. Was a bit rusty, but pretty good condition really. But with a lot of paint coming off I new it would rapidly degrade if I put it back on the van without treatment.

Didn't get a decent pic of it before, but here it is on the van.

Bit of paint stripper, then a few days in the acid bath, then a quick run over with the wire wheel and it's all good to paint.

Then I set up my new spray gun and compressor! Water trap at the compressor, water and oil filter at the gun.

The gun is running a 1.4mm nozzle, so I thinned the electrox down with Xylene to 20 seconds in the Ford #4 viscosity cup. (as per the gun manual)

Ran the gun at 29psi, pretty low I thought. Everything fully open on the gun. Really pleased with how it sprayed considering its my first time! Went on really flat, no runs, and dried nicely.

Here is the first dust coat.

Finished result after a couple of coats on each side. (I am aware that I don't really need a good finish on the crash bar under the bumper - I just wanted a practice haha)

Comment

Lovely job mate

Comment

Yep mate, definitely some good work Mr Frankenstein

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Setting the bar high - fantastic work, professionally delivered and explained.

Comment

Top job, keep the up dates coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X