Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56
  1. #31
    Jumbungla's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    645
    Thanks
    622
    Thanked 216 Times in 145 Posts
    Had a productive last couple of days. Changing the rear discs, pads, guard thingy. And all shocks all round.

    Wanted to do the front discs and pads as well but autodoc sent me the wrong ones, too deep and don't fit.

    Photos below show before and after. So much better now.

    The 4th pic shows the new rear guard thing.... And the little pile of rubble next to it is the old one ridiculous haha.

    3 of the 4 shocks I removed were completely bust and wouldn't extend once compressed. No wonder the ride in my van felt so bad.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

  2. #32
    chally69's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Forest of dean
    Posts
    2,427
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 571 Times in 480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbungla View Post
    Had a productive last couple of days. Changing the rear discs, pads, guard thingy. And all shocks all round.

    Wanted to do the front discs and pads as well but autodoc sent me the wrong ones, too deep and don't fit.

    Photos below show before and after. So much better now.

    The 4th pic shows the new rear guard thing.... And the little pile of rubble next to it is the old one ridiculous haha.

    3 of the 4 shocks I removed were completely bust and wouldn't extend once compressed. No wonder the ride in my van felt so bad.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s
    After removing my rear wheels trying to find an annoying noise, I am now considering giving brakes and shocks a revamp. Was it hard to do?


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  3. #33
    Jumbungla's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    645
    Thanks
    622
    Thanked 216 Times in 145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chally69 View Post
    After removing my rear wheels trying to find an annoying noise, I am now considering giving brakes and shocks a revamp. Was it hard to do?


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Shocks - dead easy. Half hour per wheel I reckon.

    Brakes easy enough, but huge pain in the arse to get the caliper carrier bolts loose. Lots of plus gas, heat gun and 6ft scaf pole on the end of my breaker bar.

    Also, some of my bolts had previously been mangled, so had to grind them down to the next size socket down.

    Other than that, dead easy really, would recommend it as a DIY job.

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

  4. #34
    chally69's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Forest of dean
    Posts
    2,427
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 571 Times in 480 Posts
    What make shocks did you go for?


    Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

  5. #35
    Jumbungla's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    645
    Thanks
    622
    Thanked 216 Times in 145 Posts
    Went for the Meyle ones on VWheritage - got them on black friday for 110 for the 4. Only just got round to fitting them haha

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

  6. #36
    daleydub's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    1,794
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 448 Times in 385 Posts
    Active8 did my cluster a while back he's a top man

    Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

  7. #37
    Jumbungla's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    645
    Thanks
    622
    Thanked 216 Times in 145 Posts
    Haven't posted on this in a while! Still can't insert photos into the text on the app.... They have to go at the end now? Weird. Does anyone know a workaround?

    Anyway, I've put a window in! First lot of pics. Makes such a huge difference to the drive and when sitting on the bed in the van. Got the window to put into the other side as well. So thats next on my list.

    Wasn't too bad fitting the window really. Just a pain in the arse getting the old bonding out between the skin layers.

    Changed my voltage regulator on my Valeo alternator as well. Lots of people have said that you cant change the reg on a valeo alternator... But you definitely can. See pics below.

    I also found another issue when investigating my gearbox oil leak... (see last picture) the starter motor was only mounted on one bolt!!! One had disappeared, another other was about to fall out, but luckily one was still solidly in place.

    I think these loose bolts all stem from my previously shaky ride, which turned out to be the rear tyres filled with puncture repair goop. Think I'll have to check a lot of the bolt torques when I can get to them....who knows what's loose now?

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumbungla For This Useful Post:

    Activ8 (20th July 2019),arfur fox-acre (21st July 2019),Fruitbat (21st July 2019)

  9. #38
    damont4's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wincanton somerset
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    1,300
    Thanked 524 Times in 361 Posts
    That window looks good mate lovely job
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbungla View Post
    Haven't posted on this in a while! Still can't insert photos into the text on the app.... They have to go at the end now? Weird. Does anyone know a workaround?

    Anyway, I've put a window in! First lot of pics. Makes such a huge difference to the drive and when sitting on the bed in the van. Got the window to put into the other side as well. So thats next on my list.

    Wasn't too bad fitting the window really. Just a pain in the arse getting the old bonding out between the skin layers.

    Changed my voltage regulator on my Valeo alternator as well. Lots of people have said that you cant change the reg on a valeo alternator... But you definitely can. See pics below.

    I also found another issue when investigating my gearbox oil leak... (see last picture) the starter motor was only mounted on one bolt!!! One had disappeared, another other was about to fall out, but luckily one was still solidly in place.

    I think these loose bolts all stem from my previously shaky ride, which turned out to be the rear tyres filled with puncture repair goop. Think I'll have to check a lot of the bolt torques when I can get to them....who knows what's loose now?

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s
    Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to damont4 For This Useful Post:

    Jumbungla (20th July 2019)

  11. #39
    Fruitbat's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2,480
    Thanks
    3,727
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 914 Posts

    Nice work on the alternator , I’m glad to see the cat was keeping a watchful eye on your progress

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fruitbat For This Useful Post:

    AndyLeach (21st July 2019),Jumbungla (21st July 2019)

  13. #40
    Jumbungla's Avatar Privileged
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    645
    Thanks
    622
    Thanked 216 Times in 145 Posts
    So I've got the first casualty of my week of fun - starter solenoid plastic cracked and exploded trying to remove the cable connection.

    Have removed it, don't think it's repairable.

    Struggling to find a replacement online?

    This is the only number stamped on the starter - 1 005 821 785



    Oemepc doesn't really help.

    Found this on eBay - thoughts?



    Cheers guys, absolutely have to have this running by Monday next week!

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jumbungla For This Useful Post:

    Activ8 (27th August 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •