Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Jumbungla's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Had a productive last couple of days. Changing the rear discs, pads, guard thingy. And all shocks all round.

Wanted to do the front discs and pads as well but autodoc sent me the wrong ones, too deep and don't fit.

Photos below show before and after. So much better now.

The 4th pic shows the new rear guard thing.... And the little pile of rubble next to it is the old one ridiculous haha.

3 of the 4 shocks I removed were completely bust and wouldn't extend once compressed. No wonder the ride in my van felt so bad.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

chally69's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbungla View Post
    Had a productive last couple of days. Changing the rear discs, pads, guard thingy. And all shocks all round.

Wanted to do the front discs and pads as well but autodoc sent me the wrong ones, too deep and don't fit.

Photos below show before and after. So much better now.

The 4th pic shows the new rear guard thing.... And the little pile of rubble next to it is the old one ridiculous haha.

3 of the 4 shocks I removed were completely bust and wouldn't extend once compressed. No wonder the ride in my van felt so bad.

After removing my rear wheels trying to find an annoying noise, I am now considering giving brakes and shocks a revamp. Was it hard to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chally69 View Post
    After removing my rear wheels trying to find an annoying noise, I am now considering giving brakes and shocks a revamp. Was it hard to do?

Shocks - dead easy. Half hour per wheel I reckon.

Brakes easy enough, but huge pain in the arse to get the caliper carrier bolts loose. Lots of plus gas, heat gun and 6ft scaf pole on the end of my breaker bar.

Also, some of my bolts had previously been mangled, so had to grind them down to the next size socket down.

Other than that, dead easy really, would recommend it as a DIY job.

chally69's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    What make shocks did you go for?

Thanks
    Went for the Meyle ones on VWheritage - got them on black friday for 110 for the 4. Only just got round to fitting them haha

daleydub's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Active8 did my cluster a while back he's a top man

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Thanks
    Haven't posted on this in a while! Still can't insert photos into the text on the app.... They have to go at the end now? Weird. Does anyone know a workaround?

Anyway, I've put a window in! First lot of pics. Makes such a huge difference to the drive and when sitting on the bed in the van. Got the window to put into the other side as well. So thats next on my list.

Wasn't too bad fitting the window really. Just a pain in the arse getting the old bonding out between the skin layers.

Changed my voltage regulator on my Valeo alternator as well. Lots of people have said that you cant change the reg on a valeo alternator... But you definitely can. See pics below.

I also found another issue when investigating my gearbox oil leak... (see last picture) the starter motor was only mounted on one bolt!!! One had disappeared, another other was about to fall out, but luckily one was still solidly in place.

I think these loose bolts all stem from my previously shaky ride, which turned out to be the rear tyres filled with puncture repair goop. Think I'll have to check a lot of the bolt torques when I can get to them....who knows what's loose now?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumbungla For This Useful Post:

Activ8 (20th July 2019),arfur fox-acre (21st July 2019),Fruitbat (21st July 2019)

damont4's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    That window looks good mate lovely job
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbungla View Post
    Haven't posted on this in a while! Still can't insert photos into the text on the app.... They have to go at the end now? Weird. Does anyone know a workaround?

Anyway, I've put a window in! First lot of pics. Makes such a huge difference to the drive and when sitting on the bed in the van. Got the window to put into the other side as well. So thats next on my list.

Wasn't too bad fitting the window really. Just a pain in the arse getting the old bonding out between the skin layers.

Changed my voltage regulator on my Valeo alternator as well. Lots of people have said that you cant change the reg on a valeo alternator... But you definitely can. See pics below.

I also found another issue when investigating my gearbox oil leak... (see last picture) the starter motor was only mounted on one bolt!!! One had disappeared, another other was about to fall out, but luckily one was still solidly in place.

I think these loose bolts all stem from my previously shaky ride, which turned out to be the rear tyres filled with puncture repair goop. Think I'll have to check a lot of the bolt torques when I can get to them....who knows what's loose now?

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

10. The Following User Says Thank You to damont4 For This Useful Post:

Jumbungla (20th July 2019)

Fruitbat's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 763 Posts

Nice work on the alternator , I’m glad to see the cat was keeping a watchful eye on your progress

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fruitbat For This Useful Post:

AndyLeach (21st July 2019),Jumbungla (21st July 2019)