Westdubs roof fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westdubs roof fitted

Had a trip up to the Malvern Hills today, left at 5:15, arrived at 7:45 and the boys got straight into it. Stripped off my temporary roof skin and by 8:15 they’d cut the hole and were ready to fit the frame.
    Despite a few issues caused by the Caravelle wiring loom, and window trim, and the van previously having a sunroof, all fitted and watertight by 11:30.
    Drive home in peace and quiet, and dry, some overall weight added but no probs as I’ve already beefed up suspension and wheels/tyres.
    I opted to trim out myself so bought extra carpet to match it all up.
    After trawling Busfest looking at pop tops I’m very, very happy with my choice and value for money. The red is complementary to my paprika red base and the white is close enough to the vinyl wrap.
    Big thanks to Chris, Stew, Andy, Steve and Barry and a young lady whose name I didn’t catch, for letting me muck in, accommodating my previous bodges, loads of cups of tea and a great feeling of money well spent.
    Thread to continue as I fit the van out.....

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Last edited by Mickandsej; 15 January 2019, 07:20 PM.

They're top lads there!

Had mine done a year or two ago now and it's been perfect, one of the best things I did to the van and it's great value for money from the boys at Westdubs!
    My adventures blog

https://vwt4trips.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks for this , looks great and OEM with those scissored hinges. Whats the roof panel depth / added roof height?Where does the front edge finish and seal to. Sorry on my phone so screen size limited!

DO NOT DISTURB - I am disturbed enough already

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Thanks for this , looks great and OEM with those scissored hinges. Whats the roof panel depth / added roof height?Where does the front edge finish and seal to. Sorry on my phone so screen size limited!

DO NOT DISTURB - I am disturbed enough already
        Overall height roughly 1.95/2.0m, there’s a 25mm spoiler strip at the top of the windscreen. Pretty neat fit all round and at the rear. Ribs on roof look smart but also easy to bond solar panel to later on, though I like the clean look!
        Inside is smooth grey carpet, much better than the nylon pile stuff I saw all over Busfest.

Comment

Looks great, had a side opener on mine from them. Still looks good now 2 years later

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great! Really tidy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Nice to see and hear a job well done by a professional company. Hope that get more work from it.
              Looking forward to the rest of the build.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

I like it a lot , the red canvas sides complement what was already a stunning van

Comment

That’s lovely and something on my Wish list 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

T4ism is not a Dis-ease Just T4s

Comment

Looks tidy. Never been a fan of them on my own van as I love the classic van/surf bus look. But a cracking job they appear to have done there. You weren't that far from us in sunny Worcestershire.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Looks tidy. Never been a fan of them on my own van as I love the classic van/surf bus look. But a cracking job they appear to have done there. You weren't that far from us in sunny Worcestershire.
                      Thanks Si. I’ve had the van nearly two years and thought about the roof on and off all that time. It’s cost not far off what I paid for the van so took some justifying - but having tin topped several breaks I decided yes, we’re going to use it, yes I’d like to stand up in it, we want to do another road trip and it means we can pop the top and clear the bed for one night stops, and yes I’d love to have made the polo sunroof work but it just didn’t!
                      I’ve tricked myself into offsetting the outlay by selling my R75, and I reckon to save £1000 pa by using the T4 as my daily driver, which I think will also do it no harm.
                      Simple fact is I love the van and with the kids having flown the coop it’s just me and my wife and our cockapoo and the open road! AA road atlas being ruffled right now....

Comment

A T4 the open road and an atlas....what more could we ask for?

Comment

Sunny days?......

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                            Sunny days?......

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk
                            Me too, I haven’t actually managed to get the roof up since I got home, been raining non stop!

Comment

Is that a t4 atlas si....

The roof looks really smart! If I had the money I would get one. Do you have a bed in the roof as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X