Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Jonny888's Avatar Now you're learning (Copper)
    Thanks
    More investigation work reveals everything I touch just gets worse, but I will keep cutting all rust out, and if I still have enough van left I will begin to weld him back together again
    Just be glad once all the metal work is done and the conversion work can begin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

S49's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,642 Posts
    Hello mate. Have a look at our Blind Faith A Winter Project thread was going to suggest Central Panels in Oxfordshire via Fleabay. Priced well and more importantly a good fit. If you do the sliding door step get one cut from a scrap van if possible. As with the rest take your time .but get all the rust out. Your van is well doable and we'll follow with great interest. Are you joining our 2 van club? It already looks lowered so that's one job off the list
    Last edited by S49; 2nd December 2018 at 08:53 AM.

jo t4's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Blimey you donít hang around ! I wish I could cut n weld , would have saved a fortune on the arch and inner That just got done on mine , nice knowing itís all sorted now though. Loving this work on this already and the pics .

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jo t4 View Post
    Blimey you donít hang around ! I wish I could cut n weld , would have saved a fortune on the arch and inner That just got done on mine , nice knowing itís all sorted now though. Loving this work on this already and the pics .

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Your right the cost of bodywork can be massive, and it's never something you can see where the money went. I would rather have spent the same amount on wheels or interior stuff etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by S49 View Post
    Hello mate. Have a look at our Blind Faith A Winter Project thread was going to suggest Central Panels in Oxfordshire via Fleabay. Priced well and more importantly a good fit. If you do the sliding door step get one cut from a scrap van if possible. As with the rest take your time .but get all the rust out. Your van is well doable and we'll follow with great interest. Are you joining our 2 van club? It already looks lowered so that's one job off the list
    Hi mate, yeah central panels seem to be the best choice all round. I have bought the front arches and sills from them and they seem a good fit for pattern panels. I'm trying to save the sliding step too.

S49's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    I replaced ours because I had access to a rust free scrapper. I could have made a repair panel as it was just the front lip really. I have kept the one I cut out as I was toying with having a go at making a couple if I can get the time as I have a metal folder. And the cross section though the old one shows how to fold it. Your doing a great job.

S49's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Was there any expanding foam type stuff in your sill about half way down the door?

Hans's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    U don't fuck about. Good job mate

Fruitbat's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 925 Posts

Well done , nice too see your doing a good job , I wish I had a big enough garage to put my van in so that I could crack on with jobs.

arfur fox-acre's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,378 Times in 1,700 Posts
    Nice thread, keep it coming.
    Me das mŠs grima que el bigote de tu prima