My winter project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My winter project

Looks like what has started as a quick tidy up is now turning into a much more in depth restoration...dont they always.
    This is my second T4, my other is a 2003 caravelle 2.5TDi that I have owned for 10 years, and spent far too much on. So now I wanted something new to build, this time in had to be a camper. Buying a newer T5/T6 didn't appeal as I like the older vans (also have a 1969 early bay). So here is project "Stinky" so called by my 2 yr old, this mainly due to the fact that the previous owner must have chain smoked continuously in the van on every single journey.
    Here are a few pics a couple of days into ownership, and after the makeshift interior and carpeted panels have been removed.
    Will try to keep this updated weekly with regular photo's, we all like plenty of those don't we.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Can’t wait to see what you do with it , always exciting restarting again. I keep re doing my van in my head [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by jo t4 View Post
      Can’t wait to see what you do with it , always exciting restarting again. I keep re doing my van in my head [emoji23]

Good luck I feel your pain but hay no pain no gain so go for it !

Comment

Originally posted by Paisley pup View Post
        Good luck I feel your pain but hay no pain no gain so go for it !

Pain...why do we do this to ourselves, and we still enjoy it! [emoji38]

After a bit of trim removal and obligatory prodding of suspect areas things begin to come clear that we have a bigger job on.

Comment

Thanks, when you have a new blank canvas, the internet, and all you lots vans my ideas change on a daily basis. I need to focus more, and work out exactly what I need for us personally.

Comment

Blank canvas, it'll look great when you'e finished, and sprayed it red

Comment

Great colour and the beginnings of a great project.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Good luck with the new project

Comment

Welcome mate, keep the progress updates coming [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nozzle View Post
                    Blank canvas, it'll look great when you'e finished, and sprayed it red
                    Haha, sprayed it red! To be honest I think I've been swayed by every colour you could imagine, but now a decision has been finally reached...Team Green we are staying.[emoji1]

Comment

More investigation work reveals everything I touch just gets worse, but I will keep cutting all rust out, and if I still have enough van left I will begin to weld him back together again[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
                      Just be glad once all the metal work is done and the conversion work can begin.

Comment

Hello mate. Have a look at our Blind Faith A Winter Project thread was going to suggest Central Panels in Oxfordshire via Fleabay. Priced well and more importantly a good fit. If you do the sliding door step get one cut from a scrap van if possible. As with the rest take your time .but get all the rust out. Your van is well doable and we'll follow with great interest. Are you joining our 2 van club? It already looks lowered so that's one job off the list
                        Last edited by S49; 2 December 2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Blimey you don’t hang around ! I wish I could cut n weld , would have saved a fortune on the arch and inner That just got done on mine , nice knowing it’s all sorted now though. Loving this work on this already and the pics .

Comment

Blimey you don’t hang around ! I wish I could cut n weld , would have saved a fortune on the arch and inner That just got done on mine , nice knowing it’s all sorted now though. Loving this work on this already and the pics .

Your right the cost of bodywork can be massive, and it's never something you can see where the money went. I would rather have spent the same amount on wheels or interior stuff etc.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Hello mate. Have a look at our Blind Faith A Winter Project thread was going to suggest Central Panels in Oxfordshire via Fleabay. Priced well and more importantly a good fit. If you do the sliding door step get one cut from a scrap van if possible. As with the rest take your time .but get all the rust out. Your van is well doable and we'll follow with great interest. Are you joining our 2 van club? It already looks lowered so that's one job off the list
                              Hi mate, yeah central panels seem to be the best choice all round. I have bought the front arches and sills from them and they seem a good fit for pattern panels. I'm trying to save the sliding step too.

Comment

Working...
                              X