No announcement yet.

Evolution of Van..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that's great. Like the "trunk" on a car from the olden days, fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickandsej View Post
      Definitely inspired by T2 [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      Just needs a white wiper to split the rear glazing ? [emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Just needs a white wiper to split the rear glazing ? [emoji848]
        You know what I have just re read that and now I get it! Plan is hatching......

Comment

Ready for summer on the open road...

Comment

Toshed up my old side steps, fed up with tripping over them in the garden! Couldn’t sell them either...
            Etch primer, a few coats of “high chrome” - yeah right.... and a few more of clearcoat, all rattle cans lying around the shed. Blinged it a bit with 25mm chequer tape.
            Wire mopped the sills before fitting and a coat of Aqua Steel on the brown stuff, but found the NS cab step really wants replacing, can wait til winter.
            Be honest but what do you guys think????

Comment

Looks alright those.

Comment

Evolution of Van..

Finally refitted solar panel today ready for the many off grid weekends planned this summer.
                Mounted on heavy strong magnets it just sits on the bonnet as I didn’t want to put it back on the roof - spoiled the shiny Westdubs top and I’ve only got a few mm to play with on a couple of local car parks.
                Plugs fitted under bonnet and controller the same. It’s not a waterproof box so I’m just going to see how it goes. Main thing is clearly I don’t drive with it on so the engine bay heat shouldn’t be an issue. Wiring safe for now but will tidy up once the set up is proven.
                VR6 front lip and bed boards next on the list.

Last edited by Mickandsej; 1 July 2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Finally refitted solar panel today ready for the many off grid weekends planned this summer.
                  Mounted on heavy strong magnets it just sits on the bonnet as I didn’t want to put it back on the roof - spoiled the shiny Westdubs top and I’ve only got a few mm to play with on a couple of local car parks.
                  Plugs fitted under bonnet and controller the same. It’s not a waterproof box so I’m just going to see how it goes. Main thing is clearly I don’t drive with it on so the engine bay heat shouldn’t be an issue. Wiring safe for now but will tidy up once the set up is proven.
                  VR6 front lip and bed boards next on the list.

Yep I like that..... only thing I've noted on my "mobile setup" is that the PWM charge controller becomes irregular the hotter it gets (operating temps -35to55°) plus these Chinese units draw on power seem excessive compared to their reported figures. I was advised to buy the newest MPPT tech plus you get better status info.

Comment

Cheers, it’s only a bit of pony Amazon kit that I bought last year when the panel was on the tin roof. I’ve left plenty of slack in the wiring so I can move another controller somewhere else if need be. Last year I ran a Waeco 3 way fridge box on 240 quite happily but this year it’s just a basic 240/12v cooler so less demand I hope.

Comment

Cheers, it’s only a bit of pony Amazon kit that I bought last year when the panel was on the tin roof. I’ve left plenty of slack in the wiring so I can move another controller somewhere else if need be. Last year I ran a Waeco 3 way fridge box on 240 quite happily but this year it’s just a basic 240/12v cooler so less demand I hope.

Yep I did the same with my first PWM controller but found they had no system disconnect so leaked back to the panels at night. Ideal for upto 50W system but after that they're pretty shit despite the cost.
                      The MPPT units are better (20%) at managing the voltages, any additional voltage over 12v gets converted to amps, improving charging times or meeting more of the daylight demands on the system.

Comment

I’ve got a voltmeter inside the van so I’ll keep an eye on it...

Comment

Love the box, the idea for the solar panel and your van in general. I am looking forward to getting on with mine again as its taken a back seat this year due to me going through Chemo so chomping at the bit now. Keep the updates coming as I am always looking at idea's! lol
                          http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

I’ve had a load of bills this month on the fleet - £1500 on the old MG, £900 on the DB7, 1st service due on her 7 seater, but somehow the T4 never hurts as much when I spend all my pocket money (and time!) on it..
                            It’s my hobby, my daily driver, my money pit, but importantly it’s all mine and I can forgive it anything. Glad I’ve got it and glad I’m in good company on Just T4s, thanks guys and gals :-)

Comment

I’ve had a load of bills this month on the fleet - £1500 on the old MG, £900 on the DB7, 1st service due on her 7 seater, but somehow the T4 never hurts as much when I spend all my pocket money (and time!) on it..
                              It’s my hobby, my daily driver, my money pit, but importantly it’s all mine and I can forgive it anything. Glad I’ve got it and glad I’m in good company on Just T4s, thanks guys and gals :-)

Do you have some pictures of the old mg and db7

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Lucky to own them, the TC was Dad’s, bought in 1980 as a rolling chassis and box of bits. Put on the road in 1992, Restored again in 2014, sadly he didn’t get to use it before he went out with the dogs one night and just switched off on the way home. It’s a keeper, the Aston I did a deal with dads other car which was a bit tired..

Comment

Working...
                                X