More fiddling to do now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More fiddling to do now

Had my Caravelle since may 2017, various plans have come, been done and moved on: tried several different rear seats to make a bed and finally (big thanks to Hans) now settled on Multivan complete set up.
    I had already fitted a spoiler sunroof over the cab, and after a few more ideas including pop top and high top, and more sunroofs, I’ve now sourced a genuine Polo Open Air full length fabric roof.
    Intend to fit it behind the B post hoop and remove the second and third hoops, smooth out the ridges (remove and plate the gaps) and fit the roof with matching vinyl on the remainder, inside the gutter line.
    Not sure about over the cab yet I may put a larger spoiler roof in but I’m thinking of blanking it off with a cut roof skin if I can find a donor breaking nearby.
    Will rejig the blowers to run along the cant rail as it’ll be a shame not to use the blowers.
    By the way I bought the polo roof off gumtree, car being broken locally, for just £20!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Love them wheels

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

You got a bargain there. Been thinking of a webasto style sunroof for mine. I've seen them for sale for type 2's & t25's but nobody lists one for a t4

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
        You got a bargain there. Been thinking of a webasto style sunroof for mine. I've seen them for sale for type 2's & t25's but nobody lists one for a t4

I spoke to Paris Beetles as they can make any size, but he said because of the ridges on the T4 it wasn’t something they’d get involved in..
        There’s a bit of fabricating involved but nothing I’m scared of having a go at!!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Wouldn't have thought it would be any more involved than fitting a pop top?

Comment

Working...
          X