No announcement yet.

Buddy the bus build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of missed quite a bit here. Anyways gotta put the front bumper back on do the drive shaft gator. Ad finish the exhaust because i booked an mot for it next Wednesday :/

Sent from my I3113 using Just T4s

Comment

• Changed these horrible alloys over to t5 steels with adapters today. Boys got involved and enjoyed their selves.
      Was gonna put the hub caps on but the diameter of the collar on the the longer t5 bolts are 13mm and the ones on the kit that are shorter are 12mm so they won't snap in.

Attached Files

Comment

• i feel its high time i updated this a bit.
        last few months i have been doing little bit here and there. didn't relies how much had been done.
        managed to give the van and oil change and trans mission change.
        also finally put some rear speakers in (not great but will do for now)
        i re modified the under belly pan to accommodate the power steering pump so it doesn't hang down so low.
        i got put in touch with a friend of a friend that does welding and he welded three outer arches on the van as mine were getting a bit ropy and i didn't want it any worse.
        now where he put red oxide on the arches i was like fuck can i drive it around like that. i better get some paint so brought some battleship grey paint few more bit of prepping and dare i say it me and the Mrs roller-ed it. it looks so much more tidier. its not a perfect job but it was done for about 100ish quid all in. pretty happy with it tbh.
        now when i got the van back i obviously had to take the ply lining out for obvious reasons. also the previous owners had used loft insulation so off to the bin you fuck and brought some of that bubble wrap foil stuff from tool station which aint dear. while i was there i also finally wired up the rear 12v dc power points for keeping things charged up and running a cheap shower for beach days etc. so all in all hopefully this weekend i can plum in my boost gauge.Click image for larger version

Name:	rear interior 2.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	669.7 KB
ID:	326573Click image for larger version

Name:	rear interior.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	916.1 KB
ID:	326575Click image for larger version

Name:	van 2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	434.1 KB
ID:	326578Click image for larger version

Name:	van 1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	466.7 KB
ID:	326577
        Attached Files

Comment

• Didnt relise i have left this so long.
          After replacing the front pads last month i discovered a grinding noise from the rear brake. Turns out only one side was half working as the slider had been siezed. Could not get the fucking thing out. So drilled out the the other side of the carrier. Heated it and lubed it and a bit of a cloat and out.
          Replaced the the piston oil seal and cleaned up the piston as the dust seal was wanked.
          Pads refitted both sides and caliper bled and good to go.
          Going camping next month so mad a light board for the trailer today with some ali plate and led lights.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X