No announcement yet.

Buddy the bus build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little update. Thanks to tenburner for the ignition barrel giude. Which come in use.
    Also changed all the lock in the van as the drivers was different to the rest of them and the sliding door just had the tumblers left. Was going to upload photos but for some reason there failing

Sent from my I3113 using Just T4s

Comment

• Got em up

Attached Files

Comment

• Floor panel needs to be replaced as it was shitty wooden card and got wet in the past so brought some 9mm ply today. Trailer plug needs to be replaced so couldn't use that so slung 2 8x4 sheets on the roof of the vectra. Strapped the boards to the grab rails of the inside of the car and climbed through the window to get in the car.
        Got up to 30 mph and started lifting a bit so had my hand help keep it down all the way home. Mrs did the same on passenger side. Found out me and the Mrs are quite in since as she had to change gear for me lol. Anyway here's some self explanatory photos. Transit seat fits over the cross brace nicely.

Attached Files

Comment

• Last night I had a poke around on the rear arch b4 I stated to do the last bit of flooring. Found two holes on the nsr arch.
          So cut it out to some decent metal today and going to borrow dad's gas welder to patch it up. Better do it now to save me taking it apart again when it's worse.

Attached Files

Comment

• Keep forgetting to do photos.
            The arche welding got done by dad with his gas mig and me and the Mrs got plywood for the floor and some new snazzy tough lino.
            Fitted the rear seats also.
            Veltrimd the arches.
            I set to making up an exhaust we already made a foot of the down pipe with the skoda coupling. I nearly finished but ran out of wire. Starting to get used to my gasless welder and enjoying it. Splatters like a bitch though there's a bit of an angle on the exhaust silencer. I'm quite happy with it. Going to order some more wire tomorrow and hopefully finish it next weekend latest. I have made the cat so I can take it out by unbolting the clamps and I'm going to cut a pipe to fit in its place for 364 days a year lol
            Rear inside of the van is almost done awaiting a step from active. Just need to sort out speakers. Loom almost done apparently.

Attached Files

Comment

• Got a message today saying that my loom is done! Woo f#@*ing hoo!
              Also thanks to activ8 for the slider door step.

Comment

• Vans running. FINALLY.
                quick start up out of the drive then turn it off because of no radiator but I'm really chuffed. Moving house next weekend so won't be on for a week or so

Attached Files

Comment

• That's great news Brad mate.

Comment

• Wont you need to relocate that dipstick?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Wont you need to relocate that dipstick?
                      He's just said he's moving house. Don't you read the posts Si?
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

He's just said he's moving house. Don't you read the posts Si?
                        Hahaha!

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Wont you need to relocate that dipstick?
                          I have heated it up and bent it so hoping might bee enough

Comment

• Had a play around trying to tidy things up in the engine bay. Wiring is annoying me. The oil pressure switch is flashing and the battery light does not light up even though its running total loss without an alternator belt.
                            Oil pressure is good as I checked.
                            Can under stand the grey/black in plug 5?
                            So a bit stumped on that any help appreciated.

Attached Files

Comment

• The oil light is flashing because you have no signal from the W terminal on the alternator.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                                The oil light is flashing because you have no signal from the W terminal on the alternator.
                                Thanks reg. School boy error there.
                                My clocks also constantly show time and milage any ideas onn that one?

Comment

Working...
                                X