No announcement yet.

Buddy the bus build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sump update! My nice new 1.9 tdi t5 sump i ordered has arrived. So naturally i offered it up to the engine. Well im pleased all the bolt holes match apart from the bottom and rear bell housing holes but i dont think that will make too much odds as the abl just had a dust cover there. Pretty pleased with the result. I think im gonna leave the oil pick up till its in the van so we can get the definite sweet spot.

its not about following the trend.... its about making it!

Comment

• Been quite busy today. First uo put the skoda mount back on as were going to fabricate a chassis mount to suit as the van one dont fit. Then it was the clutch and box time. Rung my mate up to borrow his aliment kit. No answer so i made one out of a socket and insulation tape. Worked fine. Now the gear box. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't mounting up. Found out it was the sump was hitting the gear box leg. So quick phone call to my welder mate that teaches welding at a localish college and ran through what needed doing. Found out we are going to butcher it. Sod it take sump off and mount gearbox. Dad randomly turned up so we plonked the engine in and just straped the drivers side mount and jack underneath untill we do summit. Just gonna cover the sump with cling film until i have sorted it. Quite chuffed. Even better as the mrs is bringing a takeaway home with beer lol

Comment

• Sweet !! You doing brill !

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Yep. Keep it coming. Loving the write up too.
          Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Cheers guys. Unfortunately i have good intentions through the week to do things in the evenings but with the mrs working nights by the time kids are in bed its not really worth doing anything that takes undivided attention. But just gives me time to think

Comment

• Sumps sorted and cut ready for welding. Mrs has been taking the kids out for me to work on the van in peace. To keep things sweet she wanted a corner shelf so i made one for her out of old pallet. Happy wife happy life

Comment

• Nice job 🤙

Comment

• After a month of not posting I thought I better shove summit in your faces lol. My dad's has been helping me a lot now as he seems to be some sort of wizard. The kind of bloke that can seem to make summit from nothing. I'm gonna keep it short as I hate doin long posts. I had the issue where a new engine mount needed to b made. So me and dad set about using the one out of the Skoda. So got it cut out and some welding and bracing etching it's in. The gear box leg mount didn't fit so dad made summit out of it that worked. Had to beat the bulk head back for the vacuum and turbo. Mocked up the angle for the exhaust. Bloody happy it's in. Muddy garden made it interesting for the crane last time so boards down. I also put a gazebo up aswell. Oh I got me sump back but post that at another point

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Good progress 🤙

Comment

• Out of curiosity. What is this? It's on the coolant pipes.

It's not about following the trend .... It's about making it!

Comment

• Is that a auxiliary pump ?

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post
                          Is that a auxiliary pump ?

That's what I thought but not sure

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post
                            Is that a auxiliary pump ?

That's it, under certain conditions it should pump coolant round. Since I repaired the loom last week ours has sprang into life.

Comment

• Good progress mate

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

• Had a look in the manual now I have it back. It at circulation pump so yeah I'll agree. Auxiliary pump sounds better

Comment

Working...
                                X