Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't 0.0v identical for any nozzle size and positioning the spill collar in its no fuel position?

Comment

• Anyway… more job loss gave me some free time… painted my wheels
      Pleased to say I am working much closer to home now & hopefully will be mapped soon with bigger brakes. Just what the doctor ordered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post
        Anyway… more job loss gave me some free time… painted my wheels
        Pleased to say I am working much closer to home now & hopefully will be mapped soon with bigger brakes. Just what the doctor ordered.
        Called it.
        Not out of work for long, the people with the right attitude never are.
        Just have to WANT to work, something some of the lazy dole spongers need reminding of.
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Called it.
          Not out of work for long, the people with the right attitude never are.
          Just have to WANT to work, something some of the lazy dole spongers need reminding of.
          To be honest Arthur I plan on setting up a workshop myself, I have some good skills I learned using my hands & fabrication/sheet metal but I also want a range of tools & machines. I feel I have good connections within the car community I could make allsorts. Depends on investment which I hope to be able to do once I sell some property. I think it’s time I got myself a job in control of my hours etc.

Comment

To be honest Arthur I plan on setting up a workshop myself, I have some good skills I learned using my hands & fabrication/sheet metal but I also want a range of tools & machines. I feel I have good connections within the car community I could make allsorts. Depends on investment which I hope to be able to do once I sell some property. I think it’s time I got myself a job in control of my hours etc.
            My advice would be to find another job , I’ve sunk all my savings £30,000+ and tbh I’m struggling big time and now I have to move units at the end of this month .

Realistically I should take this opportunity to get a full time job instead of moving to another unit and all the costs in setting up again , but I’m not done yet , give in now and I’ll have wasted the last 18mnths and this is My Only Chance , once I can no longer continue that is it , I’ll never be able to afford to set up in business again .

Comment

With the right mentality you have half a chance but before you go down the workshop route start a private conversation with kev.
              He has all the skills and connections and a work ethic to admire yet, as he just said, has struggled a lot. Worth a chat with him.
              He also has a lot of talent.
              The names Arfur, btw, with an f.

Comment

• In the current climate i'd get a job and wouldnt touch going self employed with a shitty stick, especially something motor trade related its changing fast. I got out back end of 2019, best thing i ever did.

Comment

• Thing is lads, (this is by no means a rant) me working in my new job, half my wages go’s on child care you do have to ask yourself what is the point? Even when they are back in school they will spend more time being looked after by someone else than actually being with us.
                  I’m in a different position to most, I’m mummy to my kids my wife is the bread earner & we actually earn more with me being home. She works very long hours, often at crucial times of the day.
                  This is all fine & dandy if I was content with that but I’m not, I need to earn & need to use my skills, it would not be just automotive based more of a blacksmith fab shop but eventually I’d like a milling mc & lathe.
                  As for your mad setting up self employed etc, my locksmith business failed last year after £6k of investment by me. These people who’s business do well, they very rarely take off straight away/first time.
                  It’s the risk you take.
                  I fail to see how using my skills, initiative & business mind is better than a temporary contract job on just above minimum wage.
                  The jobs market is not what it once was, JCB take on 00’s a week but it’s all temp work.
                  If I got a job in my trade I would be away from home mon-fri stuck in a factory or sewage works or on a building site.
                  Airbus have recently laid off 500 people with my skills so I am a little fish in a big sea when it comes to local skilled work.
                  I really don’t think I’m better off cruising from one temp job to another.
                  I know I have the will power & dedication that’s gotta be worth a bit.

Comment

• But genuinely thanks for your input & Kev I hope the new shop works out… you definitely have the skills mate from speaking to you.
                    I admired some of your handy work at the meet the other week, I want some of your mirror spikes they are awesome!!!

Comment

• Biff.
                      You're a light of inspiration in the darkness of opportunity.
                      The very very best of luck to you in any new adventure you tackle bud.

Like Kevs "On The Turn" post, show us your products, skills and daily grind with a post of your own.

Comment

But genuinely thanks for your input & Kev I hope the new shop works out… you definitely have the skills mate from speaking to you.
                        I admired some of your handy work at the meet the other week, I want some of your mirror spikes they are awesome!!!
                        I hate to be negative , but you could be the most skilful guy in your ‘ field ‘ but without customers you have nothing .

Im by no means being big headed here but I’m very good at my job and know it inside out , I genuinely believe I’m up there with the best in the U.K. .

I’ve built up a small customer base , but the jobs I’m doing at the moment aren’t paying enough , I think in the 18mnths I’ve been in business I’ve broke even 4 times , I’ve had one good month where I could take a wage , but that soon gets swallowed up in other business costs .

I need to be making £1000 a week to be able to cover my overheads , it’s not just the rent , it’s electric , tooling , materials and so on .

A grand a week sounds easy , but all my work is low value work , what I need is a few contracts with repeat work on a monthly basis , once I have a contract or two on my books I’ll be laughing

I never turn a job down ( apart from Robs stuff ) as I never know where that job could lead to ,the guy with a small holding wanting a pin making for his tractor could be a ceo of a big company , you just never know .

With your wife earning a decent wage that will take the pressure off you , I’m the opposite ,mrs Fruitbat works 20 hrs a week so technically I’m the sole bread winner , we have months where we struggle to put food on the table , there’s a local farmer I do a bit of work for , he can see I’m struggling and brings me a dozen eggs every Friday , fair play to him .

Mrs Fruitbat told me on Sunday you need to look for a job , but I’m just one contract away from making it , as I said previously , I’m a fighter and won’t give up , they say don’t let your heart rule your head , but I’m doing just that my head says give it up kev , but in my heart it’s my sole goal at this moment in time to make it on my own .
                        Last edited by Fruitbat; 10 August 2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• This above post tells you everything you need. Its refreshingly honest advice. I still maintain that those with the right attitude will always succeed in the end, as Kev is proving.....albeit slowly.
                          Winners will always win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Biff.
                            You're a light of inspiration in the darkness of opportunity.
                            The very very best of luck to you in any new adventure you tackle bud.

Like Kevs "On The Turn" post, show us your products, skills and daily grind with a post of your own.
                            Cheers Kev, I hope in the future we both look back at these times & laugh.
                            I may do that in the future!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                              This above post tells you everything you need. Its refreshingly honest advice. I still maintain that those with the right attitude will always succeed in the end, as Kev is proving.....albeit slowly.
                              Winners will always win.
                              Exactly this arfur.
                              My motto is, look after number one as no f*Cker else will. 24 years I have worked in industry & manufacturing, I have always had bad luck with work it’s always a contract ending or someone drops a bollock so many redundancies.. trouble is if your last one in your first one out so I plan on stopping that and try to be at the top of the food chain without mrs biff working all the hours. It may just be a pipe dream but I also have another idea as a sideline that could possibly bring regular readies in.
                              Way I see it I’m 40 now, no real pension no real investments… I need to change that, I can’t ever seeing myself retiring but it would be nice to be sorted & have a job I enjoy doing until I’m in my box.
                              How very morbid…. Lol

Comment

Cheers Kev, I hope in the future we both look back at these times & laugh.
                                I may do that in the future!
                                Yep I’ll raise a glass to that

Comment

Working...
                                X