Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Any EDC15 controlled vehicle should suffice to give you a two plug harness. Stay with a VW diesel but a Passat 5 or 5.5 chassis is usually a good donor.

If you want a full T4 wiring harness , ECU , dash clocks and immo try Shardlow T4s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Any EDC15 controlled vehicle should suffice to give you a two plug harness. Stay with a VW diesel but a Passat 5 or 5.5 chassis is usually a good donor.

If you want a full T4 wiring harness , ECU , dash clocks and immo try Shardlow T4s.
        This is brilliant information nobody has fed this to me, I’m told I don’t need the full loom either. I’m happy to stay on my clocks key etc.
        Would a pd b5.5 have the same loom I know where one is I had the hazard switch.
        Thanks for your help Active

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post

This is brilliant information nobody has fed this to me, I’m told I don’t need the full loom either. I’m happy to stay on my clocks key etc.
          Would a pd b5.5 have the same loom I know where one is I had the hazard switch.
          Thanks for your help Active
          The pinouts on a Passat loom will I'm sure be similar but there will likely to be more inputs from a cars additional sensors and a higher level of CANbus feedback to the ECU. I cannot remember if I have the pinout for the two T4 and B5/5.5 Passat ECU's to compare. Away atm. If you want to keep some basic security with the later ECU and immo, then you'll need the additional hardware (dash clocks, immo box etc.) or get them recoded or the immo on the ECU removed.

Why not just get your existing ECU rechipped?

Hows the angled / shielded / force fed intercooler performing?

Comment

The pinouts on a Passat loom will I'm sure be similar but there will likely to be more inputs from a cars additional sensors and a higher level of CANbus feedback to the ECU. I cannot remember if I have the pinout for the two T4 and B5/5.5 Passat ECU's to compare. Away atm. If you want to keep some basic security with the later ECU and immo, then you'll need the additional hardware (dash clocks, immo box etc.) or get them recoded or the immo on the ECU removed.

Why not just get your existing ECU rechipped?

Hows the angled / shielded / force fed intercooler performing?

I have made a bit of ducting out of an old road closed sign I acquired but an issue I’ve encountered is it’s noisey when stones hit it (least it’s not my cooler I don’t know how the guys get away with them in the bumper). I have got some sticky backed foam I was thinking of putting on to stop it.
            I’ve fitted a full toad cat 1 alarm so not too bothered about immobilisers etc, but I’ve had very mixed/negative feedback from people with regards to mapping it. They either say it’s too old & the ecu won’t read through the obd. One company in Salford has agreed to map it but they have told me to source the newer 2 plug ecu & loom.

Comment

• Out of interest what did Ron charge for the 0.26 nozzles and Bosch bodies? Hows it running at the mo.....

Any mods to the injection pump , cylinder head?

Comment

Out of interest what did Ron charge for the 0.26 nozzles and Bosch bodies? Hows it running at the mo.....

I paid £630 which tbh was working out pretty much the cheapest at the time as many places were shut due to lockdown.
                At the moment it idles roughly as to be expected, I’ve hardly used it since it’s been in one piece, not gone over 7psi or half throttle but it feels quicker already even with the standard map.

Comment

Out of interest what did Ron charge for the 0.26 nozzles and Bosch bodies? Hows it running at the mo.....

No mods to anything else at all. I never set out to create a monster, this is because I needed injectors, a turbo & downpipe I decided to upgrade. Everybody I spoke to said I needed axg/Volvo bits & pieces which entailed a massive search & was more to do with who you know… I don’t know anybody really

Comment

No mods to anything else at all. I never set out to create a monster, this is because I needed injectors, a turbo & downpipe I decided to upgrade. Everybody I spoke to said I needed axg/Volvo bits & pieces which entailed a massive search & was more to do with who you know… I don’t know anybody really
                    Excuse the multiple replies I really have trouble on my phone uploading larger posts or posts with pictures.

Comment

Excuse the multiple replies I really have trouble on my phone uploading larger posts or posts with pictures.
                      I’ve tried uploading a video of the idle it’s not nice but I’ve seen much worse on pptuning Instagram page.

Comment

• Don't worry about the idle, the ECU's just trying to balance and compensate for the additional fuel at tickover.

Comment

Don't worry about the idle, the ECU's just trying to balance and compensate for the additional fuel at tickover.
                          Biff may have to do the hammer mod if the mapper runs out of adjustment .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

The what fruitbat?! Not sure I like the sound of that

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

You can map between the full movement of the QA (0v - 5v) you don't loose any of the QA range and the original nozzle datum points.

Comment

You can map between the full movement of the QA (0v - 5v) you don't loose any of the QA range and the original nozzle datum points.
                                The QA isn’t the issue or the point of the hammer mod as such. Yes your computer can set it wherever you like for the full range of its travel but it can’t change the minimum setting of the mechanical spill collar. Isn’t there a slotted bolt hole in the Tdi lid too? Could be wrong there but if there is then it sounds like Bosch designed it with their version of the hammer mod in mind…….

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                                #vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X