Fuel and temp gauge. The usual problem! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel and temp gauge. The usual problem! Help

Can't find anything on this forum, although that doesn't mean its not here, just that I am dim.
    Various links elsewhere all seem to point to one site which isn't reacting. So, can you lot help?
    Usual issue, not temp or fuel gauge. Instrument pod off and clock and fuel gauge lifted out. Now we come to specifics.

Exactly which blob of solder am I looking at and considering touching with the iron? Some months ago I did find some recommendation which suggested just allowing the solder to run might solve the problem so that's my aim at the moment.
    A pic or something might help.
    Anything else to be aware of? Anything that I might cook?
    What else can I do on a wet day?

There are lots of things you can do on a wet day.
    As for the solder. I did mine and it didn't work. I bought recon clocks and the problem went.

Worth a try though
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Don't mix the solder if you try a fix!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

One year on and I have decided to have another look. Can anyone say what blobs of solder I need to warm up?

Comment

Hi In the top corner of the circuit board there is a 3 prong. Resistor. You need to do the blob s that it plugs into on the other side of the board there are 6 blobs. You should be able to see the cracked solder with a magnifying glass. Take the resistor out first
          Good luck

Comment

Took it to a mate who builds musical synthesizers the size of the T4 for a hobby. "They are nice big ones , easy" he said. Took longer to warm the iron up than do. Jobs a good 'un.
            Thanks

Comment

Found this on t4 wiki
              Originally posted by huskyman View Post
              Hi In the top corner of the circuit board there is a 3 prong. Resistor. You need to do the blob s that it plugs into on the other side of the board there are 6 blobs. You should be able to see the cracked solder with a magnifying glass. Take the resistor out first
              Good luck

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
              X